"#Deleted" when navigating to new record (1 Viewer)

Bobadopolis

No I can't fix it dammit!
Local time
Today, 10:54
Hi,

I have a data entry form/subform with an embedded graph allowing users to preview the data they input. When I navigate to a new record in this form the the fields in the form and subform echo "#Deleted". Yet the data is still there, it is just not shown in this form.

I have tried copying all the controls and code into a new form but the same error still occurs!

Any thoughts?

Bobadopolis

workmad3

***** Slob
Local time
It sounds like you need to put a requery in it somewhere, but I'm not sure where :) I have the same problem with one of my forms at times as I found the easiest way to a particular update was to delete all current relevant entries and insert new entries. This causes a #Deleted in one form, but I haven't worked out where to put the requery yet. If you work it out, please tell me ;)

Bobadopolis

Local time
I don't think a requery will help here. I tried this in the OnCurrent event of the form and it simply removed the #Deleted record from the RecordSet! Grr... :mad:

In the mean time I've simply removed the ability in the form to navigate backwards to already entered records - not ideal but sufficient!

Bobadopolis

Bobadopolis

Local time
I didn't mention before that I'm using SharePoint as by BackEnd...

I made a copy of the database FE and converted all the linked tables to local tables. The error I descibed above didn't happen! :confused:

So I think I'll give up now since i don't think there's anyhing I can do about it! The aforementioned bodge will suffice...

Bobadopolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom