Deleting records from a subform (1 Viewer)

KirstenII

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:22
I have tried to put in a command button on a subform using the command button wizard that would delete just the record in a subform; however, I get an error message stating:
"A problem occurred while Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control. The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user defined function, or [Event Procedure]. There may have been an error evaluating the event, function, or macro."

I'm not even sure where to look for this problem although I have a feeling it's really obvious. Any advice or help would be very welcome.

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Yesterday, 19:22
Make sure that you have the command button on the subform and are not in a datasheet view (properties). You might have to re-build the button as the code may have become corrupted by now.
Make sure that the table in the subform is updateable. If it is based on a query with funky expressions going on or joins with other tables, you may not be able to make changes.
Check the properties of main and subform for edits/deletes.
If possible, define relationship as a parent child if one-to-many.

When in doubt, rebuild from scratch.

KirstenII

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:22
Thanks much for the suggestions. I didn't realized that basing the form on a linked table would cause so many problems. But I've got things sorted out for now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom