Design with forms and reports (1 Viewer)

hardhitter06

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:39
I need to make a form and/or report to display several records consecutively. So basically, I want to have columns labeled Dept, Vendor, Begin Date and Amt with all record information below (a record for each line). For each record, there are another 5-6 fields that have more specific information for each record, but I don't want to show it all because it would be to cumbersome.

So is there a way I can:

-Display those 4 columns and allow the user to somehow click or select something to bring up more specific information?

-Or display all the information somehow in a neat and organized way that doesn’t take up much room (cause there’s probably going to be over 300 records)

-Or something else that I may be overlooking

Option A seems the best, but I am not sure if that is possible or not…

Kind of a side question, but relates to what i need:
Say I have a list of all these records sorted by a given field, is there a way you can like hit “g” on the keyboard (or w/e) and get all the records that start with that letter?

Any help would be appreciated..thank you all

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:39
The number of records don't matter.

Display all requisite information of a record on a form; if it all won't fit, use a tabs form with as many tabs as you need.

If you only display a feww fields, someone will always want something different.

PHP:
can like hit “g” on the keyboard (or w/e) and get all the records that start with that letter

Have a field in the form header named txtFilter, then on the after update event of that field execute the following code

PHP:
private sub txtFilter_AfterUpdate()
if isnull(me!txtfilter) then
me.filteron=false
else
me.filter = "FieldName Like " & me!txtfilter & "*"
me.filteron=true
'me.requery - you may need this line, but I think the form will requery without it
end if
end sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom