Details printing twice (1 Viewer)

Keith Nichols

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:25
Hi,

My report has started printing the details twice:eek:

I have been using the report for quite a while and never had this problem before, although I have been modifying things quite a lot recently. I can't see anything that might cause this or even think of how to do it. Any ideas :confused:

For ref please see the screen grab of the report with duplicated details and the details section in design view.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

• ReportWithDuplicates.zip
    320.9 KB · Views: 98

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 11:25
Keith - Where are the Management comments coming from? Is it a sub report? If so, maybe your links aren't set completely (maybe linked on one field (action) but not on the other.

Keith Nichols

Registered User.
Local time
boblarson said:
Keith - Where are the Management comments coming from? Is it a sub report? If so, maybe your links aren't set completely (maybe linked on one field (action) but not on the other.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion.

The management comments and other stuff at that level and below are subreports in group footers. All the subreports in the footers seem to behave properly. They are all linked by the same field (ProjectID ). When I get back to the office I will check the links are all ok.

If nothing obvious is found, I will make a copy of the report and work through the subreports deleting them 1 at a time to see if I can isolate the problem to a particular object.

Keith Nichols

Registered User.
Local time
I eventually tracked down the problem.

I have a table with 1 record to hold the date that the database was last updated. This field was added to the query and used on the title page of the report. When I revamped the update date form, the Data Entry option was set to Yes and so the update date added a new record rather than writing over the previous date.

The query for the report picked this up and returned a record for each date, doubling the returned records and resulting in each project appearing twice in the report.

The update date is showing on the form that calls the report, so I deleted the field from the query and referenced the form textbox to show the update date on my report.

So, in the end, it turned out there was nothing wrong with my report. I guess that one day, I may look in the right place first and shortcircuit the longwinded fault finding process. We can but hope :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom