On Format Event (1 Viewer)

jeffreyccs

Local time
Yesterday, 16:32
Hi

I would like to know if the on Format event or an equivalent can be applied to the report view as I do not want to print anything and all the formatting applies to printing, or at least it appears that way.

I want to give users the opportunity to view an abbreviated version of reports by hiding the detail section and although I can create separate reports to achieve this I would prefer to use conditional formatting if possible.

Regards

Jeff

jeffreyccs

Local time
Yesterday, 16:32
I just realised thsat I can place the code in the on load event and it works fine.

Regards

Jeff

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 00:32
Please mark as Solved then.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:32
Just JYI. The Format event runs as Access is formatting the line for printing. You can have whatever code you want there but typically it would be formatting code although if you have any page level accumulations, you would do them there and you might also need to use the Retreat event which runs when Access formats a line for printing but there is no room on the page causing Access to backout the formatting, run the page break logic and then format the line again.

When you open the report in Report view, pagination code does not run so the Format event does not run if you use that view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom