Diet and Medical Advice to women (1 Viewer)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 10:13
Damn me been away 5 minutes and the thread has gone to pot.
Do pay attention Len, there's a difference between pot and wine ;)

Anyway was important. Agency confirmed on short list for job, Potential start before actual redundancy so may have to resign !!!!!.
Hooray! I didn't think it would work that fast :D

Now let us get things clear about women multi tasking.

This is how I understand it

A processor can only do one thing at a time
So called multi tasking uses time slicing
Women timeslice in pico micro milli seconds
Therefore they concentrate on nothing for any appreciable time.

You usually like to be called men, but carry on...

Men timeslice in larger slices thus giving them the ability to hold a coherent conversation and also maintain a line of thought.

Until Mrs Osprey, or some other bird walks past :D

ButSeriously

Registered User.
Local time
Lol, Vogue published a Steak and Wine diet back in the 80s. I was a vegetarian back then so couldn't eat the steak...

How does that actually work then? Do you just eat steak and drink wine? Is it any special steak? Any special wine? What are the quantities? and more important, how much weight do you lose in the three days?

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
How does that actually work then? Do you just eat steak and drink wine? Is it any special steak? Any special wine? What are the quantities? and more important, how much weight do you lose in the three days?

LOL, as if I can remember! I'll look it up for you I'm pretty sure I still have the book. But I suspect that it wouldn't be recommended by any serious dietitian in this day and age. ;)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
In short, if you follow the diet prescribed for a diabetic you should be doing ok. When I first got married the dietician offered me the same advice when I went to ask for my "after purchase care manual" on wedding a diabetic, it works for me, so far so good... :D

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 02:13
There is a diet pill, on sale at Tesco - and presumably everywhere else - that has a warning on the back.

"If symptoms persist for more than 3 days consult a doctor"

WTF is that about?

I thought diet pills were necessarily bad for you - are there safe pills now - to get you toned and beautiful?

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I don't know what they are selling at Tesco, but it sounds like a "miracle cure" for fat! Are they so sure that your symptoms of being a fat git are going to disappear within 3 days? What's this pill called, I want some of that!

I doubt it that there are "safe" pills to use, the safest I know of is a combination of Kelp, Lecethin and Cider vinegar, but even that can have problems to people with thyroid trouble. Most prescription diet pills work by accellerating the heart rate, I don't think that's at all safe if you're obese. I used to occasionally take them when I was young, not for weight but to keep me going without feeling the need to eat extra (shameful I know but at the time my income depended on certain standards).

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
the safest I know of is a combination of Kelp, Lecethin and Cider vinegar, but even that can have problems to people with thyroid trouble.
Sounds like it works by making you throw up and thus emptying the contents of the stomach:eek:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Sounds like it works by making you throw up and thus emptying the contents of the stomach:eek:

LOL, no.

Kelp helps keep the thyroid active and healthy, which is why you shouldn't take it if you're on medication for that.

Lecethin and cider vinegar help the body to mobilise the fat (or so I'm told, watch some smart alec run off an google this to make me out a liar). Either way, it does kind of work, but not if you eat a fried breakfast every day, McDonalds for lunch and a chinky for tea every night. No matter what, there's nothing to beat self control ;)

Alane

very 'umble
Local time
Today, 02:13
LOL, no.

Kelp helps keep the thyroid active and healthy, which is why you shouldn't take it if you're on medication for that.

Lecethin and cider vinegar help the body to mobilise the fat (or so I'm told, watch some smart alec run off an google this to make me out a liar). Either way, it does kind of work, but not if you eat a fried breakfast every day, McDonalds for lunch and a chinky for tea every night. No matter what, there's nothing to beat self control ;)

You really take all this stuff seriously? I'm sure you dont need it.

FluffyKitten

Jumble Bunny
Local time
This is a specially formulated diet designed to help WOMEN cope with the stress that builds during the day

BREAKFAST
1 Grapefruit
1 slice wholemeal toast
1 cup skimmed milk

LUNCH
1 small portion lean, steamed chicken with a cup of spinach
1 cup herbal tea
1 biscuit

AFTERNOON TEA
The rest of the biscuits from the packet
1 tub of Gino Ginelli ice cream with chocolate topping

DINNER
4 bottles of wine (red or white)
2 loaves garlic bread
1 family size Supreme pizza
3 chocolate bars

LATE NIGHT SNACK
1 whole cheesecake (eaten directly from the freezer)

REMEMBER :
'stressed' spelled backwards is 'desserts'

Finally, here's some advice for you:

Dr. Neil proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started........

So I looked around my house to see things I'd started and hadn't finished; and, before
leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonay , a bole of Baileys, a butle of Kehuha, a pockage of biscuits , the mainder of bot Prozic and Valum scriptins, the res of the Chesescke, some saltins an a bax a cholates..

Yu haf no idr who gud I fel.

He he he, that's a joke, right? Because it was funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom