Disable export steps (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Today, 14:58
I am using the simple right click and choose export method to export a report to PDF. Is there a way to disable the pop up about saving export steps?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:58
No. That is built in to the export wizard. Just ignore (don't tick) the Save Export Steps checkbox

Last edited:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You could do it in code. Then it wouldn't ask, and it's possibly friendlier for users.
Can't you just save as a PDF without initiating the export?

tmyers

Local time
You could do it in code. Then it wouldn't ask, and it's possibly friendlier for users.
Can't you just save as a PDF without initiating the export?
I have on format code and I wasn't able to figure out how to get it to fire without the report being in print preview. In report view I have buttons to export and email and what not, but when those are used the format event never fires.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Put the buttons in the form that generates the report - Preview and export as separate buttons.
Export / Email command prints to PDF directly then saves and then attaches to Email automatically.

Buttons in a report always seems a bit daft to me. But I am strange.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I prefer to give the users options on the report form. The second option hides/shows criteria fields depending on what is required for a particular report
DEAReportPage.JPG
Reports.JPG

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have on format code and I wasn't able to figure out how to get it to fire without the report being in print preview. In report view I have buttons to export and email and what not, but when those are used the format event never fires.
Yes. That's what I do. Have it in preview first, then generally users can right-click and save as pdf.
Or as @Pat Hartman just demonstrated give users an option of choosing a different output. as a first step.

Printing reports is really the last thing you want to do, given that a lot of the time, it just wastes paper.

tmyers

Local time
Yes. That's what I do. Have it in preview first, then generally users can right-click and save as pdf.
Or as @Pat Hartman just demonstrated give users an option of choosing a different output. as a first step.

Printing reports is really the last thing you want to do, given that a lot of the time, it just wastes paper.
I feel you there. I think it is a total waste, but alas, the higher ups require hard copies to be filed away. We store them in so many places. On our computer, in a folder, in our app and on a website we use called Smartsheets. So many not needed redundancies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom