Disabling buttons & Enlarging the Switchboard (1 Viewer)

Cynthia_D

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:05
When I open the database, I want the switchboard to be the full size of the screen. How do I do that?

Also, when someone pushes a button on the switchboard to reveal the form, I want to make it impossible for them to go to design view. I did it once, and now I can't remember what I did.

Please Help!

RpbertS

Registered User.
Local time
I dont use the built in access switchboard but I think you can make it full size when the database loads up by doing this:

go to the macro tab
click new
on the first line click and select OpenForm
at the bottom of the screen go to the Form Name field select the switchboard.

then back up top go to the next line and select maximize. Now close the macro and save it as autoexec

now when you load the database it will open and maximize the for.

for the second question I didnt know you could unless you used the access security. If you figure it out again let me know

thanks,
Rpb

Cynthia_D

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks,

That worked great.

For the second question I had I ended up going into startup menu and selecting switchboard as my form and uncheking all the cheked boxes. Then when you open the form, access is denied to basically everything.

To regain access, you need to close the form. Then reopen it in windows explorer by pusing shift+enter to open it. If your database is password protected, then you need to open it and after you type your password in, push shift+enter and then everything will appear again and you can make whatever changes you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom