disappearing data (1 Viewer)

denileigh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:24
Hello all,

I have a query that's been working fine for years, however...the powers that be have requested a change. We need to track the lining owners in cars.

We've recently gone to SQL on the back end (which I basically know NOTHING about) but I set up the new table, refreshed the connection, etc.

I can see the table fine and it says it has a primary key, auto numbers, etc. however, as you can see from the jpg below when I add the table to the query and link the id as in all the other tables, for some reason, this one makes all the data disappear when in datasheet view.

If I delete the table from the query - it all comes back. Can anyone help??

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• query.jpg
    query.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 44

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:24
Might it be a posibility that there are currently NO lining owners?
If this is true then the inner join is causing the data to disappear.

Try changing the join to an outer join by double clicking the line and changing the join type from 1 to 2 (or 3). If you dragged the line "left to right" you should choose 2 otherwize 3.
In any case the line will get an arrow on it that should be pointing to your Lining_Owner table, making it a Left Outer Join and should keep your data populated properly.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:24
Can you

1: Post the SQL of the query that was working fine for years
2: Tell us about the Table you recently added, the fields and purpose of the table
3: Post the SQL of the new query, and
4: Describe in plain English what the new query is supposed to do?

denileigh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:24
Namliam - that worked!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a huge production schedule. It shows cars in out plant, the status, where they are and lots of other info!

How can I make that a drop down field in the query as they use this query in datasheet mode to enter the data. Should I turn it into a form?

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:24
cant make drop downs in queries or datasheets... well can but its shit.

Go for the (continues) form

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom