Election Do-Over!!! (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:08
When I have to choose eating something that taste like shit or something that tastes even shittier, its not a hard choice.

Sad but terribly true. It has happened in several major elections for me.

A couple of decades ago, we had a governor's race in Louisiana where we had Edwin Edwards, a known crook and generally corrupt politician, or David Duke, a form Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan and an avowed racist. I couldn't vote FOR either of them - but I could vote AGAINST David Duke. While Edwards would bleed the state dry, Duke would destroy it politically for a long time.

Then, of course, we had the Hillary vs Donald race, and again it was the choice of the corrupt, scoff-law, nasty woman; or the totally abrasive, badly narcissistic pudgy guy with no government experience at all. With my background in government service including issues in security clearances, that private mail server was the straw that completely collapsed that poor camel's back.

In this most recent race, the Ukraine connection including the bribery where Joe got a prosecutor removed from a case involving Hunter, again I saw terrible corruption. That wasn't a hard choice either.

But then we have to remember that pundits have bemoaned our elections for a dozen decades.

Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914) was unkind to politicians in his "Devil's Dictionary."

"Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."

"Politician, n: An eel in the fundamental mud on which the superstructure of organized society is reared. When he wriggles, he mistakes the agitation of his tail for the trembling of the edifice."

"Revolution, n: In politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment."

Mark Twain wasn't much nicer.

“Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons.”

"All Congresses and Parliaments have a kindly feeling for idiots, and a compassion for them, on account of personal experience and heredity."

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."

Therefore, it seems that our ancestors also felt our pain. Small comfort - but honestly, not surprising.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:08
The two choices are pretty obvious, if you are a career politician more then likely you are corrupt. If you are an outsider you are by definition not a "career politician" therefore disqualified for lack of experience.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:08
I picked the guy who knows how government works.
Was that the one whose brother and son and granddaughter(?) all get millions from enemies of the US for selling "access" to the "big guy"? I guess you like your politicians to be corrupt from the get go. Bidding for Biden knowing he has committed treason against the US is a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
You know how the 1st Amendment works right? Facebook and Twitter are not government entities. They are private corporations. They can censor what they want just like you can in your home.
I'm OK with that, BUT, once they start editing content they should loose their protections under the law. They can't have it both ways. Now that we know that Twitter and FB, are colluding, (House or Senate hearing earlier this week confirmed that), they are subject to the Sherman Act.
Do you know why they use consent decrees?
Yes, the government can't win its case in court and the defendant doesn't want to waste any more money on lawyers.
Any article that starts with a totally debunced reference is garbage. If they can't check their own facts, how can you use them as a proof of "facts"? Opinions are not facts. If I said that I think you're a racist, does that make it so? No. It's just an opinion. Others may agree or not aggree but it is still only an opinion. I could say it a hundred times a day for four years. It is still only an opinion!
Your fact checks are 8 months old.
I know that and it took some searching to find the projections at the beginning. You are talking about what Trump could have done in the beginning. I'm talking about what he knew at the time and what people were telling him. You are looking at his decisions in hindsight. I'd like to buy my lottery tickets the day after also. Then I would always buy the winner:) You also need to remember that we are a Republic and the President is not a dictator. He CANNOT simplely force states to follow his guidence. If he wants states to do something, he would have to declare a state of emergency and call out the national guard. THEN, he could make the states do what he told them to do as other Presidents have. How would that have sat with you?

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:08
Joe Biden Oct. 24th

we have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.

Hillary Clinton Aug. 26th

“Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances, because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch, and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is,”

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
You also need to remember that we are a Republic and the President is not a dictator. He CANNOT simplely force states to follow his guidence. If he wants states to do something, he would have to declare a state of emergency and call out the national guard. THEN, he could make the states do what he told them to do as other Presidents have. How would that have sat with you?
Trump, seems have demonstrated excellent respect for the separation of powers (federal/state). Considering incessant drumbeat hysteria of Covid-19 and the racial violence inspired by bad actors, such as Black Lives Matter; the Trump administration has been very reluctant to use the power of the federal government. Unfortunately, the Trump administration has not been acknowledged for that restraint and the complicit media fails to point the finger-of-blame at state governors for failing to respond effectively to Covid-19 and to uphold law and order. The complicit media is dumping unjustified blame on Trump by purposely asserting that no matter what, Trump is the one responsible and that blame for any failure can be attributed to him. Unfortunately, the gullible public blindly accepts the premis that the President is somehow responsible for solving all problems. The President is not.

I am reminded of one clueless reporter who blurted out to Trump: "But your the President!!!!". The obvious never asked implication, "Why aren't you implementing a "solution" through some-sort of dictatorial decree," such as a mask mandate (which would be unconstitutional). The CDC had already issued guidelines and responsibility for applying those guidelines rested with the governors. I don't recall what Trump's response was, but the reporter (as well as the rest of the complicit media) should have been directing that type of question to a state governor. As a parallel remark, the anti-Trump crowd ceaseless claims that Trump was responsible for XXXX thousands of Covic-19 deaths but conveniently avoids the responsibility of the state governors to take action. One being Cuomo who unbelievably sent infected persons back into nursing homes to further spread Covid-19.

Trump has respected the separation of powers. Simply because Trump is President, does not entitle him to seize dictatorial power and to issue unilateral decrees telling everyone what to do. Each state governor has a responsibly to the residents of their states. In the event that their policies and actions fail, blame resides with them.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
One being Cuomo who unbelievably sent infected persons back into nursing homes to further spread Covid-19.
And he did this while he had a virtually empty army field hospital in the Javits center PLUS a medical ship docked in the Hudson!!!! And several other army field hospitals in the boroughs. They could have been isolated in any of these facilities. I think the relatives should sue Cuomo for this careless tragedy.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
And he did this while he had a virtually empty army field hospital in the Javits center PLUS a medical ship docked in the Hudson!!!! And several other army field hospitals in the boroughs. They could have been isolated in any of these facilities. I think the relatives should sue Cuomo for this careless tragedy.
A breaking news travesty: Gov. Andrew Cuomo to receive Emmy award for his 'leadership' during the pandemic, Twitter goes nuts
The announcement sparked a significant backlash and mockery on social media, many of them invoking his controversial nursing home policy that has been linked to the deaths of thousands of elderly residents.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Too late for a new election, another example of good news being released too late. Dr. Fauci acknowledges that the vaccines becoming available for treating Covid-19 owes their success to the massive resources poured into it through project Warp Speed initiated by the Trump administration. Biden/Harris lied during the campaign by saying that the Trump administration was doing "nothing". Unfortunately, the complicit media never exposed that lie. The gullible public was left uninformed concerning this positive this work. Consequently, Biden may have received votes that he otherwise would not have received. Credit should be given to the Trump administration for the efforts it initiated that have now led to the positive results of today.

Video: Fauci discusses holidays and vaccine

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Be careful of what you wish for. Biden is a Trump wannabe. Wannabes are far more dangerous.
Then there is Harris waiting the background.
1605916495502.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When you have control over the media, you can say whatever you want. This is the reason why Trump felt the need to tweet. The lame stream media carries nothing but lies and innuendo. They have such hated for Trump that they "project" all their negative feeling onto him and accuse him of doing the negative things that they do. You can't even see clearly enough to see that all the things you accuse Trump of being/doing have been done "better" by the people you approve of. This does in no way excuse Trump's bad behavior. I still believe that bad behavior is bad regardless of who is doing it. And if you care to look, you'll see many instances where I've criticized Trump. All I'm saying is that you are completely blind to the same behavior in people you approve of.

Hypocrisy reigns!

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
@moke123: You can gloat over Biden's apparent win and cite deranged newscasters infected with TDS. Nevertheless, as I wrote before, be careful of what you asked for. You may find Trump to have been better selection than Biden after a few months.
  • Biden is a Trump wannabe. Wannabes are much more dangerous
  • Biden has already participated in using the power of the state to arrest political opponents. Some of the radical Democrats, such as AOC appear willing to use the power of the state once again for that purpose.
  • Biden sanctimoniously made a gratuitous politically correct speech calling for "unity", "healing", and "restoring the soul of America". Well seems that other Democrats have given Biden the finger concerning that. Obama, as one of many examples, is preparing an anti-Trump Netflix TV series. Seems that promoting divisiveness, when we should be healing, is very unpresidential of the former President. It has been reported that AOC, others pushing for apparent blacklist of people who worked with Trump.
  • Biden says he will represent "All Americans" when he assumes office. That concept seems to be dead on arrival. Bernie Sanders and Black Lives Matter have already stated that "Biden owes us!!" Tlaib on climate: 'We're going to make sure Biden administration sticks to our timeline'. Sanders: "said his campaign and Biden's had agreed on some "very, very significant" proposals." Exactly, what these agreements are and what Biden owes them is unclear at this time. This rasies the question of whether Biden will be the one in charge or just a puppet of the various interest groups. That is not representing all Americans.
You may be in for a very rude awakening.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Barack and Michelle Obama will produce a Netflix sketch comedy series, “The G Word,” expected to be loosely based on an anti-Trump book that portrays the chaos that reportedly erupted after President Trump won the 2016 election.
Very cool! I didnt know about this. I cant wait to see it. Thanks.

Why do you think Biden is a trump wannabe?

Would love it if you backed up the things you allege with some facts.

I dont know how old you are steve, but AOC is not much different than most younger kids these days. They dont see her as a radical as you do. They see her more like them.

Sanders: "said his campaign and Biden's had agreed on some "very, very significant" proposals." Exactly, what these agreements are and what Biden owes them is unclear at this time.
Guess you weren't payin attention. Its no secret.

blacklist of people who worked with Trump.
Half of them are indicted or convicted already. Are you not a tough on crime conservative?

That is not representing all Americans.
Is that like when trump says he doesn't want to bail out those poorly run democrat cities? Thats okay with you?
Should we cut off Mississippi, Louisiana and Kentucky and tell them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If any country gets the vaccine before us, it is because of Cuomo and his ilk who are "worried" about the competence of Trump's distribution plan which will be carried out by the army. Several Democrats are trying to scare the public into not agreeing to take the vaccine at all. And then there's people like Bill Gates, who I like less and less, who wants to create an immunization passport so that you can't go anywhere unless you have had your shots.

I'm sure the vaccine will become a miraculous cure once Biden takes office. Of course, if anyone comes up with a money trail for the Chinese connection through Hunter to Joe, don't count on him taking office even if Trump were to stop pursuing recounts.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:08
Of course, if anyone comes up with a money trail for the Chinese connection through Hunter to Joe, don't count on him taking office even if Trump were to stop pursuing recounts.

While I hate the idea that Joe Biden will take office, the worse thought is that Kamala Harris will take office - in Joe's place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom