Emailing with Access (1 Viewer)

YYYY

Local time
Today, 08:22
I would like to send out individual receipts to individual donors with access vba.
I have a query containing all the info needed,
I searched around it looks like there are a few ways around to make it happen.
I would like it to work with out outlook installed.
I would greatly appreciate any hep .
Thanks!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 07:22
CDO is a more sophisticated method of doing things. if you have office 365 set up, opening an outlook instance through vba is extremely simple and takes virtually no effort. guy's method works fine, but if you're not a coding guru or can't follow it, the easier method might be worth your while.

YYYY

Local time
very nice demo but dosent have an option to
send individual receipts to individual donors

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
it goes back to code. do you know how to write it, or look it up? and what do you wanna do? send a document? or a "written-from-scratch" html email message?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:22
very nice demo but dosent have an option to
send individual receipts to individual donors
Hi. Not sure I follow what you mean. The demo was just that - a demo to show you how to send an email without using Outlook. It's up to you to apply the technique presented to your specific situation. Or, if you need help with it, then let us know which part. Show us your work, so we can help you finish it.

YYYY

Local time
Thanks!
:)I was hoping the DBguy will take part of this conversation:)

I have a Access DB for a organization.
it contains a Donors Table and a Donations Table, with a field DonorsID in the Donations Table that is related to the Donors Table.
As assumed in the donors table there is an email field.

I set up a Report named Receipts to print out receipts to Donors that gave donations, this report takes info from both tables, and works very nicely,
up on till now I just print it out and stuff it in envelopes and mail it out.

however I would like to be able to click a button and the Receipts Report should be sent to the donors via email.
the tricky part is that the system has to filter the Receipts Report and send the correct receipt to its rightful Donor to his specific email address.

I know some code and I can fiddle around if I"m helped.
Thank You so much!!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks!
:)I was hoping the DBguy will take part of this conversation:)

I have a Access DB for a organization.
it contains a Donors Table and a Donations Table, with a field DonorsID in the Donations Table that is related to the Donors Table.
As assumed in the donors table there is an email field.

I set up a Report named Receipts to print out receipts to Donors that gave donations, this report takes info from both tables, and works very nicely,
up on till now I just print it out and stuff it in envelopes and mail it out.

however I would like to be able to click a button and the Receipts Report should be sent to the donors via email.
the tricky part is that the system has to filter the Receipts Report and send the correct receipt to its rightful Donor to his specific email address.

Thank You so much!!
Hi. I think the best way for us to help you is if you share with us what you have so far. We'll need to see your table structure to understand how to build the email message. Can you post a sample copy of your db?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
the sendobject method can be used in this situation, I think. you say you can fiddle. this will be a start for you:

as you can see, you can send stuff as a PDF, which is a universally recognized format anyway. surely your donors will appreciate that. also, this is where you start for getting to do it the other way:

check the first return there. it's on stack overflow. that forum is the best around. you also need to look up the terms "ms access vba dao.recordset".

YYYY

Local time
the sendobject method can be used in this situation, I think. you say you can fiddle. this will be a start for you:

as you can see, you can send stuff as a PDF, which is a universally recognized format anyway. surely your donors will appreciate that. also, this is where you start for getting to do it the other way:

check the first return there. it's on stack overflow. that forum is the best around. you also need to look up the terms "ms access vba dao.recordset".
does send object need outlook?

YYYY

Local time
Hi. I think the best way for us to help you is if you share with us what you have so far. We'll need to see your table structure to understand how to build the email message. Can you post a sample copy of your db?
instead of deleting all sensitive info,
I created a new DB that represents the old one perfectly.
Attached below.

Attachments

• New folder.zip
    36.6 KB · Views: 82

onur_can

Local time
You can take advantage of ms access EMailDatabaseObject macro. You can set all parameters in this window.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
instead of deleting all sensitive info,
I created a new DB that represents the old one perfectly.
Attached below.
Hi. There are no forms in this DB nor any code. So, where should we start? Please remember, we are not familiar with your business process, so you'll have to explain in details what you want to do.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:22
See the attached link for another demo of sending email using CDO without using Outlook.

Despite Adam's earlier comments, using CDO isn't more difficult than other approaches

zeroaccess

Local time
See the attached link for another demo of sending email using CDO without using Outlook.

Despite Adam's earlier comments, using CDO isn't more difficult than other approaches
I like the idea that you can create an HTML email. EMailDatabaseObject works but is plain text only. Also, it has a bad habit of leaving a dead Outlook instance running that you have to kill with Task Manager. The Outlook email window also takes over like a dialog form while it is open.

Unfortunately this might not work on a domain where we use PIV cards and not logins and passwords.

YYYY

Local time
Hi. There are no forms in this DB nor any code. So, where should we start? Please remember, we are not familiar with your business process, so you'll have to explain in details what you want to do.
Attached DB-2, buit using your Demo.
I omitted the fields user name , password, and from from the EmailConfiguration table for privacy reasons.
when I try using it i receive the message 3749 Fields Update Failed ...

Attachments

• New folder.zip
    58.5 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom