ENTER PARAMENTER VALUE PROBLEM (1 Viewer)

WILYWAYNE11

Local time
Today, 06:13
I recently streamlined an existing data base and removed several fields that were not used. Since I deleted those fields, I am receiving the following warning when I open the database."Enter Parameter Warning TBL-Inventory.Web Site" This one of the fields that was removed. It was simply a hyperlink field and not used in any programming. I cannot find the source of this message to remove it. Any suggestions????????

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:13
It's referenced somewhere - such as query or textbox. There are 3rd party add-ins that can search for and find this reference. V-Tools is popular and free.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:13
Check table, query, forms and reports to see if a sort or filter property has been set to that field

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:13
I could get all fancy about it but you have good advice already. Invariably when you get an unexpected "Enter Parameter xxxx" pop-up and you think it is something you removed, you missed a spot in your cleanup. It's a leftover reference to whatever is named.

Where to look:
Tables? Not likely because tables don't directly reference other tables very often. You would likely know if you had done this.
Queries? Possibly so, in any place including primary field selection, JOIN clauses, WHERE clauses, ORDER BY and GROUP BY clauses, and HAVING clauses - all of which allow individual field names as members of their clause types. If you get all of the queries printed out in SQL view it should be relatively easy to find it if it is there. See also the "Database Tools" "Documenter" option which can do the SQL "dump" for you.
Relationships? Rare, but I suppose it is possible. The "Database Tools" "Documenter" can list your relationships for you, which might help.
Forms? Look in any field bound to a record AND any field that has a formula. But ALSO look for any control that has a ControlSource that does not correspond to fields in the RecordSource.
Reports? Same as for Forms but also look at report SORT and GROUP options, which can be confusing because of how they are implemented.
Macros? Could happen. No choice but detailed examination one macro at a time.
Modules? Could happen - but fortunately for modules, you can do a whole-project search for the thing that was named as the missing parameter and either find it right away or eliminate all modules as possible culprits in a single search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom