Error about Wizard / Addin not available when trying to set properties on Image control on Form (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 15:49
I've actually gotten this a few times today - most recently when trying to click the ellipsis button on an Image control's Picture property in the Properties window.

This machine has a desktop version of Access 2010 regular full version installed.

What should my next step be? I don't recall any problems while I was installing Office 2010 ... and this was just a few weeks ago.

I've already created a number of Access files on this machine and don't want to lose them.

1626577340598.png

EDIT: I have not gotten this error while developing another Access application, which also had several forms and controls (but perhaps didn't have any Image controls).

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:49
My first guess is a type of code corruption. Make a backup just in case. Decompile the code, Compact & Repair the DB. Compile the code. Test it.

If that doesn't work so well, repeat with the added step that after you decompile the code create a new, empty DB and manually IMPORT all of your older items to the new DB. Do not EXPORT from the old one. IMPORT to the new one. Then don't bother with the C&R, but compile & test.

If THAT doesn't work, you've got me.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 23:49
You do have backups? :)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:49
lesson to learn.
never cross-edit your db.
if it was made to run on a2010 x32, by all means
stick to a2010 x32 to edit your db.

do not edit in x64 or any other Higher/lower version
of msa.
it will cause corruption. higher version has additional
system tables. and they differ from version to version.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:49
Whilst that is sensible advice in general, for info there have been no changes in system tables since A2010.
Nor are there any differences in system tables between 32-bit and 64-bit Access.

The last time any system tables were added /dropped was done in A2010. See

EDIT Fixed outdated link

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 15:49
I am not sure what anyone is referring to by cross editing. A few weeks ago I installed access and office 2010. I then began to create access files in Access 2010 on the same machine. I am now struggling on the same machine with the same original scenario with the ellipsis button for the image property on an image control.

Fortunately, I was just thinking I've done very little in this new particular access file that's giving me trouble, so I'm going to just copy the code I've written into a notepad and scrap this and start over. I'll see if that resolves it. That way in case it's just this file that's corrupted I'll be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom