Error Converting to MDE. (1 Viewer)

djshrew

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:11
This is the error i get...

This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file.* Due to the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table.* The Microsoft Jet database engine version 4.0 can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time.* Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc).
There is no accurate method to estimate the number of TableIDs the Jet database engine uses during the process of compiling a database as an MDE.* However, each VBA module and each form uses one TableID, as a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used.
More information about this error message online.

My database is by no means big, is there any other way i can convert from mdb to mde?

Thanks

Den

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:11
There are several reasons that Access will not make an MDE. Having a compile error is one. All compile errors must be corrected first. The file format *must* be the same as the version of Access you are using. If you have Access 2003 then convert your file format to ac2003.

djshrew

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks sorted now, was a compile error in the vb script.

Last edited:

djshrew

Registered User.
Local time
one further question relating to mde, i have office 2003. but i wanted to show some people my database and they have office 2000, is there a way i can save as an 2000 mde in office 2003? i have saved as a 2000 mdb but i want to make it an mde so i can show as an example. that cannot be edited.

Thanks again

Shrew

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:11
Ac2003 can run an ac2000 MDE but not the other way around. You would need ac2000 to make an ac2000 MDE.

djshrew

Registered User.
Local time
ok. thanks once again, you have been most helpfull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom