Error = Record Is Deleted (1 Viewer)

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:07
This error occurs when trying to open the Form = ResearchAnalyst_F directly or by using the Macro = ^A

The data in this 2003 Access database is from our OLD backup, which works

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Nicole

Attachments

• Rescord_Is_Deleted=22_192.mdb
    320 KB · Views: 99

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you June7 for your note.
This database, is a backed up database, without any errors.

MsAccess 2003 will NOT let me export the same table with the errors.
Can I please receive a suggestion on how to send the database with the errors for review?

Thank you.
Crystal

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:07
I don't understand. Why would you need to export? Just attach the file. If it is large, use Windows Compression to zip. Or make copy and delete unnecessary elements.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your note June7
Attached is our 2003 data base without the unnecessary elements.

The database that we are using has linked tables and the required table has been placed into this database.
Nicole

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
June7, please note that when trying to open the form the error message = Record is Deleted still appears.

Nicole

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
File was not attached to post.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, the file was TOO LARGE TO BE UPLOADED

Crystal

Attachments

• Rescord_Is_Deleted_Updated=22_193.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 104

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
I don't get that error message. I get " The Microsoft Access database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time." I have never encountered this with just trying to open a form. I can't find any code that would cause this.

Changing RecordSource to table allows form to open without error but scrolling records triggers the above error. Record PersID 72 shows #Error in Analyst_Comments field. I had to delete this record. Now form works bound to query. No error messages. Must have been a corrupted record.

Advise not to build lookups in table. Build comboboxes on form.

Unrelated but in design view, Label121 has error "Spacebar is not a valid shortcut key". This is due to the & character in the label caption. If you want the literal & character to display instead of be treated as a shortcut key identifier, double the character: &&. Why would you want to show an expression in label caption?

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
I am sorry that I have not thanked you earlier for your assistance, but most of the people in our office had been sick until now.

We have stopped using this form.
Crystal

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 07:07
I think that table is corrupted beyond repair. I tried importing into new database and got errors. I copied the structure and got errors. I tried an import to a clean table an got errors. I think you need to build a clean table from scratch. Maybe you can do an append query into it, but likely you will have to read a recordset and try to populate it row by row. I fix this before it seized up the whole db.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you MajP for your suggestion.
We will create a new table from scratch and try to append the records.
Nicole

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:07
Note that it is possible that the table in question isn't actually corrupted but something else IS - and therefore the solution might be to create a new, empty DB and then, from the External Data options, from the new DB, import the contents of the old DB. (Don't do it as an export from the OLD DB.) If creating a new table from scratch doesn't work, a full import to a virgin DB might be needed.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 07:07
Note that it is possible that the table in question isn't actually corrupted but something else IS
As I pointed out I already isolated the current issue tothe table.
I tried importing into new database and got errors. I copied the structure and got errors. I tried an import to a clean table and got errors.
However, whenever you see any corruption or compile issues, creating a new db is always recommended. I forgot to mention the table will not Compact and Repair, which is also significant.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:07
"record is deleted" often indicates a corruption. You could try a compact and repair. You could try importing everything into a new database. You could try appending the good rows of the corrupt into a new table, if you can find a way to write queries (eg "where ID< badrecordid" and "where id > badrecordid") that avoid the corrupt row. Writing "where id <>badrecordid" will probably fail. You will most likely need to remove relationships before you can delete/replace the bad table. You could revert to a saved copy of the data.

You ought to take a windows backup before you try anything, as you can make things worse by trying fixes. to a point at which the data becomes irretrievable lost.

Mainly as @MajP just noted.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you all for your help and suggestion.

We recreated the database, table and reentered the data and now have no error.

nicole

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom