Export listing bound column NOT the text (1 Viewer)

rgreene

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:36
I have a simple database that we use that we put our payables in and then I export the report to a txt file. In the db I have a lookup field that has all our accounts and information in, I did this to eliminate fat fingering and errors. Anyway when I view the export txt file it is showing the bound column information and not the actual account number. The query, and the printed report all show the account number it is just the export file. How do I get the export file to show the account number and not the PK number?
Here is my export procedure

DoCmd.TransferText acExportFixed, "ClaimsExport", "qryExport", "\\Server\Folder\ClaimsExport.txt"

Thanks,
Rick

rgreene

Registered User.
Local time
I understand what that is saying and I'm definately open to other suggestions. Our account numbers are like 123-4-5-678-9023 so there is a LOT of opportunity for error. The export file I create gets imported into the auditors software so those numbers have to be correct. The look up field was a way to make sure that is always correct and eliminates the issue of certain bills getting kicked back to delay payment.
Suggestions?

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 07:36
To get the actual selected value to be in your export you need to add the table that has the data to the "qryExport" query and replace the FK field with the field from the data table that has the actual value.

rgreene

Registered User.
Local time
MR B, THANK YOU so much that is it. I really appreciate it!!!

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom