Solved Export Table to txt-File with semicolon spezification in VBA (1 Viewer)

fkcm95

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:43
Hi,
i would like export one table in access to txt-File but with the semicolon spezification. How can I do this?

Currently I do the following code:
Code:
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, "table1", acFormatTXT, "table1.txt"
But the output shows similar as a table with horizontale and vertical lines. But i needs semicolons.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:43
suggest use the transfertext method instead of outputto. See this link

pretty sure that will default to comma field separators rather than semi colon, but might depend on your language settings. If it does you need to create a specification - easiest way is to use the External Data>export text file option which enables you to create the specification. Before you finish, click on the advanced option and select Save As. Use the name you save it as for the specification name

fkcm95

Local time
pretty sure that will default to comma field separators rather than semi colon, but might depend on your language settings. If it does you need to create a specification - easiest way is to use the External Data>export text file option which enables you to create the specification. Before you finish, click on the advanced option and select Save As. Use the name you save it as for the specification name

Thanks for the fast answer. I test this and create a Export Specification and save this with the name TableExport. If I use this in VBA, I became the Error, that TableExport not found. What I do wrong?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:43
Interesting, Export Wizard also uses lines.

TransferText uses comma delimiter, at least it does for U.S. database.

Options I see:

1. use TransferText then open file in NotePad and replace commas with semicolon

2. use VBA to write lines to text file

Post your exact code for analysis.

fkcm95

Local time
My whole Code is the line on the top. I have a Form in access with Buttons. The Button have the Click-Callback:
Code:
Private Sub Btn1_Click()
    DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "TableExport", "Table", "table.txt", True 
End Sub

If I run this code, i became the error that TableExport not found.

If I run without the specififcation, than I became the Error 3441.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
just to confirm - you did save the export specification? If you go to the export wizard again and go to advanced, you should be able to select it there - and can check the spelling

fkcm95

Local time
Export_.PNG

I saw the Export in this Wizard. (Saved Exports)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
OK - it works for me, you may need to upload your db. Just double check you don't have leading or trailing spaces in the name. Unfortunately I'm about to do client training which will be for most of the day so probably won't be able to look at it until tonight. Perhaps June can take a look

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
one other thought - 'Table' is not a good name for a table. Suggest try renaming it.

Also, suggest research using a schema.ini file instead of a specification - google something like 'vba schema.ini'. Found this link which may help
I have solve this.
what was the solution? (helpful to others who may find this thread)

ebs17

Local time
A saved export is very different from an export specification that CJ_London spoke of.

Saved export is saved in XML as an object in the database. Use:
Code:
DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport "SavedImportExportName"

An export specification is created as described by CJ_London. You may not save the export as such, only the selected settings for column separators, decimal separators, etc.
The export specification is stored in two system tables => simple records.

Eberhard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom