Question Exporting a snapshot? (1 Viewer)

ericryd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:37
Hello,

I've been researching but haven't found this yet. I'm looking for a way when I click a button, a screenshot or snapshot is taken and saved to a specific file location. Anyone have any thoughts?

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Today, 17:37
Have a look in the help file about the sendkeys macro action. I would use this to send alt-print screen, then open paint or other image program, paste, save and close - all within a macro.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:37
I advise against using SendKeys.

You can easily print a form. This is what I use to print a screen shot of the current record in a form...

Code:
    Printer.RightMargin = 0.25
    Printer.LeftMargin = 0.25
    Printer.Orientation = acPRORLandscape
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord 
    DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Apologies, I read "screen shot" and thought that's what the OP was after.

ericryd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:37
Have a look in the help file about the sendkeys macro action. I would use this to send alt-print screen, then open paint or other image program, paste, save and close - all within a macro.

This sounds like what i'm looking for. Any other info on how to do it? I understand the concept, but its the underneath code that i'm not sure what to do with

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
I haven't actually used it, just read about it - I'd have a google if I were you, but I do know that after you've sent the alt-print screen, you could also use "shell" to run MS paint, then another sendkeys to paste it in, and another to save. Syntax wise, who knows??

Home time! If you get stuck, PM me over the weekend and we'll sort on Monday.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom