FE/BE Database Locking (1 Viewer)

Ray Stantz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:04
Good morning,

I have a multi user database setup with a FE and BE. The BE (with tables)record locking is set to no locks and i have installed a copy of the FE (with queries, forms, reports, etc.) as a mde file on each of the users C drive with a shortcut to their personal FE on their desktop. However, i am still getting record lock errors when multiple users are in the database and moving from record to record.

I read somewhere on this board where it was suggested to base the forms off of queries instead of the tables directly. My question is if i have the tables relationships setup currently with One To Many cascading rules, will i have to set the new queries for the forms up with these same realtionships or will the queries automatically inherent the tables original relationships? Also, if i base the forms off of queries, will they still remain on the FE or should i move them to the BE? Hope that made sense.

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
You should never base your forms directly from the table. Always use a query and yes the queires do go in the Front End.

Ray Stantz

Registered User.
Local time
You should never base your forms directly from the table. Always use a query and yes the queires do go in the Front End.

Thanks keith G... Will i need to create new relationships for the queries or is it okay if the the tables are related only?

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
Your relationships should show up when you add the tables to your query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom