Field Transfers??? (1 Viewer)

R

rkhair

Hi,

i am trying to do the following on a Software/hardware audit database i have created:

I have a main form and a subform on a form (frmemployeered). the main form area has fields such as name, address postcode. Whilst the Subform has a list of software regestered to the user. There is a button that you click (a search button) The brings up another form (in datasheet view) with a list of software with there ID numbers. I have been trying and trying for ages to get it so when you double click on the software in the software list it will transfer the software ID into the subform automatically which in turns fills out the rest for the row. As it is based on the same table.

What You have to do at the moment is open the software list find thepackage you want (e.d. 0012 MS OFFICE) and then go back to the forms SUBFORM and then type 0012 in the software ID and then the rest of the field fills up autmatically!!! I would really really like to do the above i have mentioned in the previous paragraph. Everyone i have asked have told me to build expressions such as [frmformsubform].[softid].[value]= [softid] (something like that). this does not work when it does it via the subform. If anyone can help i would be extrememly gratefull. I have the database so can email it to whoever, if they need to see it!

Thanks alot!!

ramz

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:48
Instead of opening the software table, why don't you just use a combo box on your subform that looks up this table. Have it bound to the ID field on the subform.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom