Filling Adobe forms from Access using VBA (2 Viewers)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:25
Sorry, I meant fill the form with SendKeys :)
Well, both demoes on my website auto-fill a PDF form. None of them use SendKeys. So, you should be able to use either one, depending on whether client #2 has Acrobat Pro or not. Correct?

PatTahiti

Local time
Today, 01:25
Well, both demoes on my website auto-fill a PDF form. None of them use SendKeys. So, you should be able to use either one, depending on whether client #2 has Acrobat Pro or not. Correct?
Correct, client2 has'nt Acrobat Pro, client 1 well.
Thank you.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:25
Correct, client2 has'nt Acrobat Pro, client 1 well.
Thank you.
So, I guess you can only use the first demo that uses the XFDF approach. Will that work for you?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:25
you can download Foxit's Denube SDK, so you don't need Acrobat Pro to fill the fillable-pdf.

joshuar

Local time
Today, 12:25
I'm in the Army and we still manage property using archaic paper based forms from the 1980s. Fortunately these forms have transitioned over to PDFs and can use digital signatures (which is another key feature of the PDF that we need). I am unfamiliar with Crystal Reports but even if I did familiarize myself with it, I'd have a long road of trying to get it authorized for use on our networks. MS Office and Acrobat is already in our baseline image.

The video below is version 1 of the project I'm updating now. This will be version 3 and PDF filling will be part of it.

Updated Demo video with version 3 below, all forms are filled and digitally signable PDFs

Gaetanovish

Local time
Today, 07:25
The code as written requires Adobe Pro installed to work. For the download, I don't think you'll need to attach the library when Pro is already on the workstation, it's already done in this project, but you will for new projects.

I tried the download with just Reader alone installed and it didn't work. I haven't gotten around to trying late binding as suggested by isladogs yet, so I'm not sure if that would make it work with Reader alone.
What about Acrobat Pro 64bits? not sure if your javascript will work on a 64bits version? have to try soon, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom