Filtering data on a report based on 3 fields? (1 Viewer)

Darla123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:27
Hi everyone. So I have a report that's tied to a query. I have 3 fields on this report. These fields are all in a row If the value of all three fields is a "0", I don't want it to show up on the report. I see how to filter these out in the query, I'm putting ">0" on each of the fields in the criteria, but the problem with that is if one of the fields does have a value, it still wipes out the entire row. I'm not sure how to get around this. A screenshot is attached, I am terrible at explaining things! Thank you!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 77

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:27
The ">0" should be on different lines. That gives you an OR comparison rather than an AND comparison.

Darla123

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not sure what you mean by putting it on different lines?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Change the query to SQL view and change AND to OR in the criteria. Switch it back to design view and you'll see what I mean.

Darla123

Registered User.
Local time
I changed it to OR, and now my report is all messed up, it's duplicating records, I'll try messing with it a little more to see what's going on. Thank you!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What's the SQL of the query before and after?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That's quite different, and I don't see any OR's in there. That said, I thought you had the criteria on individual fields, not the aggregated total. I would expect the before to work, presuming there are no Null values. Are there Null (empty) fields throwing it off or do they all have a value? Can you attach the db here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom