First post (1 Viewer)

TJ01

Local time
Tomorrow, 09:33
Hi there. This is Tony from Sydney, Australia. Hope everyone is OK out in the COVID world.

I was an Access developer for many years from the days of Access 1.0 right through to about 2010, building a lot of applications for clients in many different industries, some quite simple and some very complex including a lot of VBA coding. We even built an app that ran on Palms (yes, a LONG time ago) that synced via email with an Access back-end. That was fun!

After a long time working for an ice company, overseeing the growth of their IT division, I've recently gone back out on my own and am looking for some advice for a new application that I'm working on for an old friend. I'm not sure which forum to post this discussion to so please allow me to start by asking a simple question here, if that's OK.

We are looking to build a solution that will allow us to capture data from online forms and to sync data both ways, more or less directly, to a database back-end. The forms have to be web-based, with little or no coding, and the db preferably SQL Server on Azure. It also has to be able to be white-labelled. We have looked at a lot of no-code forms tools, like Jotform, but they don't have database connectivity, without using a middleware tool such as Zapier.

So my question is, does anyone here have experience with this? If you can point me to the best forum to post this question on, I'd also appreciate that advice.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:33
Welcome to the forums!

To help us better understand your needs, I would be very grateful if you could complete this 2 minute survey: Click here for the survey

All surveys are anonymous and not linked to your account.

I want to keep this the very best place for Access and your feedback helps us!

TJ01

Local time
Tomorrow, 09:33
I should have also mentioned, I have already setup a small SQL Azure db with an ODBC connection with linked tables into a Access front-end so that we can view and possibly edit the captured data from there.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:33
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom