Fitness Tips in this time of Pandemic (1 Viewer)

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:15
Hi everyone!

Lets have a mini break from all the worries and fear we are encountering due to the Coronavirus. Hope you share some of your fitness tips or exercise to help fight the physical and mental effect of Covid-19. Would be happy to know your thoughts. Thanks everyone!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:15
Cancel your gym membership for a start! I went for a walk today, but I was surrounded by golfers who seemed intent on hitting me with golf balls!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Cancel your gym membership for a start! I went for a walk today, but I was surrounded by golfers who seemed intent on hitting me with golf balls!
@Jon Buy a set of clubs and join in. It's definitely the most frustrating hobby I have ever had.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I would then probably turn on the ramblers, like me. :D

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I've had a few nice bicycling rides

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:15
Use YouTube. There are millions of videos there for all kinds of workouts that you can use based on your fitness level, what you enjoy, the amount of time you want to spend exercising, what equipment you have and so on. You just click play and follow along.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:15
I take walks in the neighborhood, daily when weather permits. We live a block and a half from Lake Ponchartrain, which measures something like 60 miles by 24 miles at the widest points, and there are marshy areas all around it. As a result we are on the Canadian Flyway. At the moment we have ducks, herons, ibises, and perhaps a few others as visitors. We also have "neighbors" from the cypress swamps a few miles up the road, including hawks and eagles, seagulls, crows, and even some wild parrots. (Obviously, someone's pets got loose years ago.) So we have a mini-aviary in our little neck of the woods. The ONLY problem is bird poop. But after a rain, our grass is a LOT greener!

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Use YouTube. There are millions of videos there for all kinds of workouts that you can use based on your fitness level, what you enjoy, the amount of time you want to spend exercising, what equipment you have and so on. You just click play and follow along.
Yes I have seen a lot of exercises for the physical health. Is yoga okay too? I wanted to take off my mind away from stress.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:15
Yes I have seen a lot of exercises for the physical health. Is yoga okay too? I wanted to take off my mind away from stress.

I'm by no means a fitness pro but IMO yoga is great for flexibility/mobility, which are really important and certainly reduces stress. However, you still should aim for some resistance and cardio. How much of each depend on your age, lifestyle, fitness level and what you enjoy but my main point is that you do NOT need a gym. YouTube has many videos and you can get a great workout with little to no equipment.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm walking because for me, other styles are less comfortable. I've had knee surgery to repair things (though still original equipment!). I use to play tennis but now, walking is mostly what I do. Then again, we must remember that Hippocrates (he of the Hippocratic Oath) once said "Walking is the best medicine for Man."

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Then again, we must remember that Hippocrates (he of the Hippocratic Oath) once said "Walking is the best medicine for Man."
Most younger generation nowadays wouldn't even comprehend how as simple as walking can put our bodies to shape and in good health. (y)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Probably true, harpygaggle, but then again, I'm not a member of that generation. Not by a LONG long shot.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
We are designed to walk for large portions of the day. It is only in the last 200 years since the industrial revolution have we shifted from a farming lifestyle to a more sedentary one.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
I'm by no means a fitness pro but IMO yoga is great for flexibility/mobility, which are really important and certainly reduces stress. However, you still should aim for some resistance and cardio. How much of each depend on your age, lifestyle, fitness level and what you enjoy but my main point is that you do NOT need a gym. YouTube has many videos and you can get a great workout with little to no equipment.
Yes, it is a good thing I did not push my gym membership last year. You can do exercise at home via vids and can ask for assistance and suggestions from experienced ones.

Yeah I think I need cardio exercises too. I gained weight since I am just eating and my work stationary.

CollaTech

Local time
Today, 16:15
Hi everyone!

Lets have a mini break from all the worries and fear we are encountering due to the Coronavirus. Hope you share some of your fitness tips or exercise to help fight the physical and mental effect of Covid-19. Would be happy to know your thoughts. Thanks everyone!
I started with Yoga as my workout and 18:6 Intermittent Fasting. I feel better and light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom