Fixed Form Position no Overlaps (1 Viewer)

MattBaldry

Self Taught, Learn from the Forums
Local time
Today, 05:50
Hi All,

Is there a way of making a form with a fixed position but not allowing any other forms to over/underlap it? I wanted to have a left sided menu for my modules, and when one is selected a custom ribbon is then loaded.

I know a fixed position can be done, but wasn't sure if I could then make it impossible to move a form over/under this.

Or can forms be restricted to where they can be moved? Like restrict how far left a user can drag them?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 00:50
Can you do a main form with a long subform on the left to be the Menu? Then a larger subform control on the main form that you load objects.
Something like this image. The left is a treeview used a a menu to navigate which form and item to display.

MattBaldry

Self Taught, Learn from the Forums
Local time
Can you do a main form with a long subform on the left to be the Menu? Then a larger subform control on the main form that you load objects.
Something like this image. The left is a treeview used a a menu to navigate which form and item to display.
Yes, I like this idea.

I will have a look into this as it may work for me.

~Matt

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 00:50
Make sure to play with the Anchoring to stretch the menu down and the main subform to stretch it down and across.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Slightly different. I let users rearrange forms, and store the positions and sizes of each form. So the forms can overlap, but it's up to the user. In some apps the open forms are stored and reopened at startup. It's very useful for some complicated apps.

I also store a list of the open forms in z order, controlled by a small popup form, and the user can use this to bring any desired form to the top, with focus, irrespective of whether it's visible it not. This is useful as the task bar doesn't show all open windows when working on a TS.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 12:50
you might also want to look at Navigation Form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom