Foreign Coins (1 Viewer)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:17
I have hunted all over ebay and even googled for instructions, but still can't find what coins have sold for
Been an eBayer for a long time albeit not a prolific one. I don't think they have ever revealed an auction or 'make an offer' price. Certainly it would negatively influence the sales or auctions of other vendors.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:17
If you look at the feedback of a seller, that shows as well as their feedback, the item and price paid.?

SurreyNick

Local time
OK Look. I have attached 2 screen grabs of the first page of sold items on eBay.com for a France 1941 2 Franc coin. By default it shows the most recent sale first but you can change the sort order to show highest sale value first, or lowest sale value first etc. etc.
The first of the two attached images is the top half of the page and the second image is the bottom half of the page. The prices in green are the sold price and it shows the date of sale too (circled in red) as you can see from the left side of the screen on image two I have also circled in red the check box for selecting sold items. I can't really help beyond this.
Nick

Attachments

• Sold coins 01.jpg
    Sold coins 01.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Sold coins 02.jpg
    Sold coins 02.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 88

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks for the correction and the work you put into that. I had forgotten that there was even a bid history.

SurreyNick

Local time
My pleasure. I hope I have now been able to clarify for the OP how to get what he wants :)
Nick.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I can not idenify this coin. Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IdentCoins.zip
    868.3 KB · Views: 101

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I can't idenify this coin. Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IdentCoins.zip
    868.3 KB · Views: 88

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I just tried twice to send a compressed file of both sides of coin I can't idenify but it it doesn't show on new post. How can I send a picture of the coin?

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:17
Interesting, the zip file extracts as a Word doc.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I quick google check shows it as a 1 Franc - Charlotte

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Don't plan to retire with it. Looks like it worth less than $1.00.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Interesting, the zip file extracts as a Word doc.
That's because I send it as a word doc. Is there a better way? I took a picture with my phone and the only way I could think to put both sides in one file wa to pasted them.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I have not an idea, I rarely attach files to this forum. But I would think you could zip two picture files together. I cannot say I have tried to do anything like that in the past 10 years.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I quick google check shows it as a 1 Franc - Charlotte
I am very new at coins. When I google coins, I list country, year and denomination. I couldn’t find a country on the coin. Is there a better way? What is Charlotte, besides where my rebel wife was born?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:17
Dick, if you have the image as a JPEG, look in the lower left under the forum's text area, there is a button called "Attach Files". If you have something that might be a picture, it attaches. You get to choose whether it does so as full-size or thumbnail size. But actually, thumbnail is necessarily that small. It looks worse while you are composing the post, but once you make your choices and finish the posting process, it comes out OK.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick, if you have the image as a JPEG, look in the lower left under the forum's text area, there is a button called "Attach Files". If you have something that might be a picture, it attaches. You get to choose whether it does so as full-size or thumbnail size. But actually, thumbnail is necessarily that small. It looks worse while you are composing the post, but once you make your choices and finish the posting process, it comes out OK.
Yes, I have attached jpeg before, but in this case, I wanted to attach both sides of the coin. I don't think that is possible without monkeying around with them to paste both jpeg’s in Paint first.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I just did a google search on the letters on the coin. Then I found a matching image. Clicking on the image showed some information about the coin. I do not do coin collecting, so I do not know how much of that information is useful.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I just did a google search on the letters on the coin. Then I found a matching image. Clicking on the image showed some information about the coin. I do not do coin collecting, so I do not know how much of that information is useful.
Thanks. Can anybody out there that does coins tell me what country it is fro

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
can anyone Idenify this coin for me?

Attachments

• china6back1Cropped[1].jpg
    china6back1Cropped[1].jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 80
  • china6frontCropped.zip
    449.8 KB · Views: 87