Form linked with Navigation menu unable to filter (1 Viewer)

Sweetu

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:23
Hi dears,

I apologize if it's already discussed here..... I searched but couldn't find proper solution..

I'm having an issue related to Navigation menu, I created a Form based on Query & in that form one unbound Text box for search that query records based on cmd button,
where cmd button is macro apply filter... It's working fine.. But when I use that form to Navigation menu in Access 2013 it's giving error while on click button press that it's unbound and error 32003 or can't filter....

Please suggest...

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 05:23
It is not quiet clear - could you post the database in 2010 format, (zip it because you haven't post 10 post yet), + a description how to reproduce the misbehaviour.

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
Today, 04:23
The database is needed to work this out fully but I remember working with navigation forms once and they are a pain in the butt. If you have a working form outside the navigation system it will stop working when used inside the navigation system.

The logic of referencing forms and sub-forms becomes even more sticky when there are navigation forms involved and your textbox becomes something like [Forms]![frmNavigator]![NavigationSubform].[Form]![Text2] .

Sweetu

Registered User.
Local time
It is not quiet clear - could you post the database in 2010 format, (zip it because you haven't post 10 post yet), + a description how to reproduce the misbehaviour.

Dear thanks for replying,
I'll attach database soon,

To be more clear I want to make search results from all of my database,
For that I've designed query for those fields I want from tables, on the query I created form,
On the form which is based on that query I've added textbox to the header of the form textbox name txtsearch,
On click button I'm using macro apply filter as below,
[employee number] like "*" & [forms]! [form name]! [txtsearch] & "*"

Employee number field is the first field name of that query,

The search 🔎 is working fine if I run the form standalone, but the problem begins when I used the built-in navigation form and added the form to navigation,
It gives error that filter cannot be set because textbox is not bound o set control name....

Please help me if there is any other way to do this, I want to create search engine like form that must not be bound to combobox or list, only should be like search on employee number....

Thanks for all...

Sweetu

Registered User.
Local time
I'll wait for that.
Have you tried what Tieval suggest?

Yes I tried but same error,
please have a look on attached

Attachments

• Database1.zip
    2 MB · Views: 98

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Sorry, I never use macros, (they are to tricky), so I've converted it to VBA, now it works.

Attachments

• Database115.accdb
    508 KB · Views: 82

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
You're welcome, good luck.

Sweetu

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, I never use macros, (they are to tricky), so I've converted it to VBA, now it works.

DEAR though it's working fine but when I click on another navigation button it reset to default like and the searched couldn't contains or remain on the same number where we previously was...
Suppose we're using 2 or 3 ID number to search in textbox then if we click on another navigation button and came back again on searched form it will not show us the last record(in our case 2 or 3) that we filtered...
It'll reset that to default like one on each time form loaded....
Is there any possible way we can make that to remain as it is even we goto another form or navigate another button etc... Then when we need enter new ID and get the new ID??

Thank you very much for your help....

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Navigation forms works that way, nothing to do about that.
My suggestion is to scrap the Navigation form and create a form, insert a page control and insert the forms in each page.
See the "Form1" in the attached database.

Attachments

• Database115.accdb
    532 KB · Views: 91

Sweetu

Registered User.
Local time
Navigation forms works that way, nothing to do about that.
My suggestion is to scrap the Navigation form and create a form, insert a page control and insert the forms in each page.
See the "Form1" in the attached database.

Thank you dear for suggestions,
the problem with page control is when we click on the page it goes slightly up and when we scroll via mouse wheel its not scrolling though scrolling part is best with Navigation Form...
if possible please guide here,

I added new Navigation with Test name & tabl2 & tbl1 to avoid confusion....

You're expert please guide dear,its really cumbersome but I'm sure there is a way.
either we can add textbox to another table and link the table2 textbox to tbl1 textbox(tbl1 textbox will be not visible)....

Thanks for your all suggestions & help...I found @pbaldy post in his web...but can't figure how to set on my form..Please guide...
http://www.baldyweb.com/Bookmark.htm

Attachments

• Database115.accdb.zip
    446 bytes · Views: 74
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom