Form open on specific monitor? (1 Viewer)

Hydra427

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:33
Is it possible to dictate which monitor a form opens to on a 2 monitor system?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:33
I believe that could be possible using some API.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:33
Roughly speaking, you need to know how the Windows desktop sees the two displays. If you have any one of a gazillion different Desktop organizer utilities, you might find that the organizer has pre-mapped the screens to appear to have contiguous screen addresses where screen selection is just a matter of screen coordinate selection.

In that case, it is then a matter of some WINAPI calls to use the HWND property to force placement. BUT... forms are CHILD windows of Access itself, so normally they don't want to appear outside of the Access main window. Now, you surely CAN move the Access window if you can find ITS HWND property. That will be the easiest approach because moving access to a specific place DOES move the form to that place.

On the assumption that you wanted more than that, I did a couple of searches and found two potentially useful articles.

Here is an article that offers an ILLUSION that might be helpful.

Here is an article that also claims to break the bond of the child window from the parent (by diddling with the parent).

Again, the difficulty is that child windows REALLY want to stay with their parents. So you have to work at it to achieve this goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom