form view/field display (1 Viewer)

jmlight

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:19
I have a few forms that I have designed where the fields are stacked one above the other.

It looks fine in design view. But, as soon as I access the form from another form- it only appears in datasheet view.

Even when I'm in design view, if I click the icon to view Form view - I see the datasheet view.

Not sure how to change it so that I only get the form view and not the datasheet.

ALSO..if you don't mind answering....What does it mean if in the form view, one of my field contents doesn't display the actual field value, but instead displays: #Name?

It's just supposed to be pulling the actual information from a linked table...

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 01:19
I have a few forms that I have designed where the fields are stacked one above the other.

It looks fine in design view. But, as soon as I access the form from another form- it only appears in datasheet view.

Even when I'm in design view, if I click the icon to view Form view - I see the datasheet view.

Not sure how to change it so that I only get the form view and not the datasheet.

ALSO..if you don't mind answering....What does it mean if in the form view, one of my field contents doesn't display the actual field value, but instead displays: #Name?

It's just supposed to be pulling the actual information from a linked table...

About he datasheet issue:

... as soon as I access the form from another form ...
Sounds like the way you are opening the form is using the parameter option to open the dorm in datasheet view.

What code are you using to open the form?

... instead displays: #Name
Check the control source to be sure it is valid.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Also, if it appears in Datasheet View when you go from Design View to Form View, you (or the Form Wizard) has Datasheet View set as the Default View. In Design View, with the form itself selected, goto Properties-Format and change Default View to whatever you want.

As Boyd said, if the form opens in Datasheet View when opened from another form, it has to be opened with code like this

DoCmd.OpenForm "YourFormName",acFormDS

Even if the form's Default View is set to Datasheet View, when opened from another form, it will not open in Datasheet View unless the acFormDS argument is used.

What is the Control Source for the textbox that is displaying #Name?

jmlight

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks ..I deleted the form and started all over - and this time it seems to have worked fine. go figure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom