Forms to print on A4 paper (1 Viewer)

anthonyphillips

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:39
Hi Guys

Can anybody assist with the dimensions to set a form to print on an A4 sheet please.

ie - 1 record one page, i know its a simple print command button but it keeps splitting onto 2 pages.

Cheers Guys

Anthony

ansentry

Access amateur
Local time
Today, 09:39
In my opinion you don't print forms you print reports. Forms are for entering /editing data.

garywood84

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:39
Anthony,

As ansentry says, Reports are normally used for printing, though the size setting will be the same, regardless of whether you are working with Forms or Reports.

The sizes you enter for the report/form will depend on the margin sizes you have specified for the page. A4 paper is 21.0 x 29.7 cm, so you'll need to subtract your margin sizes from this to calculate how wide/high your report needs to be.

HTH,

Gary

johndoomed

VBA idiot
Local time
Yesterday, 16:39
In my project, I use forms for printing in some extent - mainly because I want be able to use and change controls. I use it for printing certain (paper-)forms etc. I have found that to keep the form within 16 cm wide, and 26 high with print margins of 1 cm on each side, the most problem-free way.

statsman

Local time
Yesterday, 19:39
In the page setup of your report design, why not set the paper to A4? That option is available.

As to the other problem, there are 2 possible sources of your report being on two pages.

1. You may have too much data in your report to fit on one page.
If this is the case, you may have to reduce the size of the fonts and the spacing between the fields.

2. You may have the print control set to start a new page at a certain point you don't want to start a new page.
With the report in design view, right click the report header, then click on properties. Check the "Force New Page" selection. It should be on None. Do the same with all the other headers and footers. They should all be on None.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom