Greetings, from a old newcomer (1 Viewer)

rtan2010

Local time
Today, 12:00
Hello, I'm a retired IT person ... wishing to get my hands on ACCESS and hopefully write some useful software to assist with my local community. In addition to ACCESS per se, I am also interested in using PYTHON as the developer tool upon which to develop custom applications using ACCESS as the db engine and PYTHON as the application programming language. I hope I can find some guidance by joining this special interest group. It has taken me this long to discover a "purely ACCESS oriented" website and I look forward to learning from the experts here. Best wishes, R.Tan

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:00
Welcome to AWF. Glad you found us.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:00
Welcome! How did you find this site and what made you decide to post in the introduction forum?

rtan2010

Local time
Today, 12:00
I was struggling with exporting some simple data to a simple ACCESS db, and I was going nowhere. The usual frustration with details particular to a specific tool or package. It turns out Autonumber fields cannot be exported by purely CSV file methods -- that was my conclusion anyway, based on some of the searches I did in the last few days. My situation was also such that the Autonumber field was a Primary Key. My search for a solution brought me here.

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:00
Well, you have come to the right place. There are some pretty smart people here who live and breath Access. You will get your answers easy enough.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:00
Hi R. Tan. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:00
Welcome to AWF. Hope you find what you seek here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom