Group value Query (1 Viewer)

Babycat

Local time
Today, 14:20
Hi Everyone

I want to build a query that group data as the attached picture. Can anyone please help me?

1662376314761.png

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:20
google Allen Browne ConcatRelated function.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 02:20
In Access both Name and Type are reserved words:

You shouldn't name any object or field with any of those on that list--makes coding and querying a little more dificult. I recommend prefixing both those fields with what they are names and types of (ComponentType, ComponentName, etc.)

Babycat

Local time
In Access both Name and Type are reserved words:

You shouldn't name any object or field with any of those on that list--makes coding and querying a little more dificult. I recommend prefixing both those fields with what they are names and types of (ComponentType, ComponentName, etc.)
Dear Plog,

Thank for your notice, actually there data it was made in Excel, just for demo purpose.

Babycat

Local time
How did you come up with that result? I don't understand how the Resistor got an ID of 2 instead of 4.
The ID is not essential there, they can be changed, the desired data might store in a new table...
The main idea is to combine the items having same type into single row with comma between.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:20
The ID is not essential there, they can be changed, the desired data might store in a new table...
The main idea is to combine the items having same type into single row with comma between.
Hi. Thank you for the clarification. I would probably use something like this then.
Code:
SELECT Min(ID) AS ID, SimpleCSV("SELECT [Name] FROM TableName WHERE [Type]='" & [Type] & "'") AS [Name], [Type]
FROM TableName
GROUP BY SimpleCSV("SELECT [Name] FROM TableName WHERE [Type]='" & [Type] & "'"), [Type]
(untested)
You can find the SimpleCSV() function here.
Hope that helps...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:20
Naming all your autonumbers "ID" just causes confusion. That is what prompted question in #5.

Babycat

Local time
Hi. Thank you for the clarification. I would probably use something like this then.
Code:
SELECT Min(ID) AS ID, SimpleCSV("SELECT [Name] FROM TableName WHERE [Type]='" & [Type] & "'") AS [Name], [Type]
FROM TableName
GROUP BY SimpleCSV("SELECT [Name] FROM TableName WHERE [Type]='" & [Type] & "'"), [Type]
(untested)
You can find the SimpleCSV() function here.
Hope that helps...
Hi theDBguy

It works,

1662576095285.png

The actual SQL in my case:
Code:
SELECT SimpleCSV("SELECT [Designator] FROM TBLBOMDETAIL WHERE [BOMID]= 1 and [IKYPN] = '" & [IKYPN] & "'",", ") AS Designator_N, TBLBOMDETAIL.IKYPN AS PartType, Count(TBLBOMDETAIL.IKYPN) AS BomCount
FROM TBLBOMDETAIL
GROUP BY SimpleCSV("SELECT [Designator] FROM TBLBOMDETAIL WHERE [BOMID]= 1 and [IKYPN] = '" & [IKYPN] & "'",", "), TBLBOMDETAIL.IKYPN;

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:20
Hi theDBguy

It works,

View attachment 103098

The actual SQL in my case:
Code:
SELECT SimpleCSV("SELECT [Designator] FROM TBLBOMDETAIL WHERE [BOMID]= 1 and [IKYPN] = '" & [IKYPN] & "'",", ") AS Designator_N, TBLBOMDETAIL.IKYPN AS PartType, Count(TBLBOMDETAIL.IKYPN) AS BomCount
FROM TBLBOMDETAIL
GROUP BY SimpleCSV("SELECT [Designator] FROM TBLBOMDETAIL WHERE [BOMID]= 1 and [IKYPN] = '" & [IKYPN] & "'",", "), TBLBOMDETAIL.IKYPN;
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom