Grumpy old man/woman thread (1 Viewer)

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:10
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks time & I've noticed my grumpiness has increased to a level that I thought only older people could reach.

So here is a thread that I will update with details of my daily gripes, feel free for any older folk to post theirs here as well.

Here are a few of my moans

1. The furniture we bought the other day arrived minus the shelf clips leaving us with a nice looking kitchen unit that can not be used until the clips arrive, the thing is that the company we bought it from got the unit from overseas somewhere & they can't contact the supplier.

2. Trying to post this thread several times leaves me with this message
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time

3. My toasty bags split on its first trip to the toaster – They claim that the bags can be used over 300 times

Last edited:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Ask anyone who actually knows me and they'll tell you I'm the most patient person they have ever met. However:

Why is it that whenever MS Windows updates on my computer something else stops working?

Why, oh why can't people just get into the right (I mean correct!) lane when they are going round a roundabout!!!

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
You both sound fairly chirpy compared to my other half. :eek:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
C'mon then Dan, let's be having her gripes, I've always fancied myself as an agony aunt :D

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 08:10
Grumpy old men :
I'm getting liverish when the wife comes up with another to do list around 8 AM in the morning. Haven't finished the one from last month yet !:(

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Grumpy old men :
I'm getting liverish when the wife comes up with another to do list around 8 AM in the morning. Haven't finished the one from last month yet !:(

What's keeping you :confused:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
I'm busy completing the one from two months ago :(

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Not enough on the list then, if it were full enough you'd be making sure you got on top of it. :D

FluffyKitten

Jumble Bunny
Local time
i too am experiencing problems with thesite. for instance this thread is headed as Ron_dk last poster but when i open it oumahexi is the last poster. its very confusing if your waiting for a post to be ansered.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:10
I'm not old, but I'm grumpy that you started a thread only for old people! Younger folks can be grumpy too!

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 01:10
I am not old yet, but can be grumpy, so here is my gripe.... I have lived in this little cottage for 3 months. It hadn't been lived in for two years. So... of course it need some TLC. Which I have slowly been giving it....I am so upset, that after all my hard work the stray cat I have been feeding outside transferred its fleas from her to me to my cottage, just when things seem to be normalish I now have another problem to contend with. (Saw said flea last night! GRRRR!) I hate bugs!

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I am not old yet, but can be grumpy, so here is my gripe.... I have lived in this little cottage for 3 months. It hadn't been lived in for two years. So... of course it need some TLC. Which I have slowly been giving it....I am so upset, that after all my hard work the stray cat I have been feeding outside transferred its fleas from her to me to my cottage, just when things seem to be normalish I now have another problem to contend with. (Saw said flea last night! GRRRR!) I hate bugs!

Ha ha ha, so, once you told the cat to "hop it" did she flee in terror? ;)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 23:10
Well it is a sign you are grumpy when popular music becomes incoherrent noise and younger people are disrespectful no matter what they are doing.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
No, she just laughs at me, it's a kind of infestious laugh. (Infectious... get it?):D

I do. Did she leave her fleas with you as a gift or had the just popped out for a bite? :p

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 01:10
I do. Did she leave her fleas with you as a gift or had the just popped out for a bite? :p

They liked the neighborhood so have decided to take up residence in my shaggy, fur like, carpet.... OMG, I can't think of a pun! I must flee (to borrow one) from this topic.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Why, oh why can't people just get into the right (I mean correct!) lane when they are going round a roundabout!!!
Or:
Why cannot women just learn how to drive?? (which only makes it worse if its a man posing like a woman :D)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
They liked the neighborhood so have decided to take up residence in my shaggy, fur like, carpet.... OMG, I can't think of a pun! I must flee (to borrow one) from this topic.

Make it clear you are only borrowing one, you know what these sales men are like, blood suckers the lot! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom