Hail Mary... (1 Viewer)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:20
She later admitted I had pretty much swept her off her feet

In my case it was more like knocking her off her feet, with some stepping on her feet mixed in for good measure. :p

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 22:20
What an interesting thread to read! My wife is similarly tricky in that she absolutely does NOT (and in my case it's not the usual Trick..she really doesn't) want me to spend money on expensive flowers, clothes she hasn't picked out herself, or jewelry. Frankly she hates restaurants (the waiting...patience isn't her strong suit) and a restaurant would be the last thing she'd want, although I love them.

I also take the position that we should both enjoy whatever we do for our anniversary and in the last couple years I've had success in planning things to DO - not surprises as she hates those too (difficult!).

One time we went to see a ballet, another time we took a small trip together. Pre-planned, no surprises, but it was "for" our anniversary (etc).

Seems to work well.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:20
To celebrate my first half-century, my husband organized a three day event. On Friday night we went to Bristol for a big party with his family and he surprised me by getting my youngest brother to come up from Orlando. Then on Saturday we went to the Light House Inn in New London. They had a good restaurant and I'd eaten there before but I'd never spent the night. It is a charming Victorian style in and my husband invited a dozen of our friends and my father and his wife so we ate and drank until the wee hours and no one had to drive home since we all stayed at the Inn and then partied some more for breakfast:) Then we went to Ocean Beach and played games in the arcade and walked the boardwalk and played miniature golf for the afternoon.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:20
In my case it was more like knocking her off her feet, with some stepping on her feet mixed in for good measure. :p

I actually learned how to not step on my partner's feet, though I have to admit that once or twice before I met my sweetie, I met a couple of women who could have given a duck lessons in "awkward."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom