Healthy Eyes (1 Viewer)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 23:32
As we grow older, and more especially if we have committed a life time of work to on screen reading, our eyes begin to deteriorate. While this is natural, the degree of deterioration can be combated with a few simple exercises. Don’t worry you don’t need to leave your desk to do them. :D You should be taking regular breaks from your screen anyway, so you can break to do something positive for your health.

Clockwork

In this exercise you rotate your eyes around an imaginary clock, first clockwise then ant-clockwise. You look up and count to five, then right and count to five, down and count to five and finally left and count to five. Reverse the exercise. This exercise strengthens the muscles in the eyes, keeping them healthy. Try to do this a couple of times a day.

Far away

Sit and look at an object very close to you, focus on it so that you can see everything about it in focus. Once you have that focus, move your gaze to the furthest away point in the room, or even out of the window. Again focus on it so that you can see it clearly. This exercise strengthens the muscles of the eyes and trains the eye to focus on objects far and near, this is a great exercise for programmers. Repeat this exercise around four times a day.

Candle

This is an evening exercise. Light a candle in a darkened room and focus on the light from the candle, just allow your eyes to remain focused on the candle then, when you are ready, allow yourself to stare, unblinking until tears form in your eyes. This exercise can help combat dry eye syndrome which affects many ageing eyes. This exercise should be repeated at least once a week.

I hope these exercises will help some of you. At my last visit to the optician I was told my eyesight was the same as most 35 year olds. In other words, it’s not perfect, but I don’t need glasses yet. She agreed that exercising in this way has possibly helped my eyes remain healthy for more than 15 years longer. I hope they help you too.

Please be aware that this is personal experience and not medical advice. :)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Methinks that would be some spam! Mmm, with chips. Ah, but I digress! Paul, would you like to report it as such? I'm afraid I can't, I've got myself tied up in an "Eagle Posture" :D

richardgare

Local time
Today, 16:32
Hi,
I'm a newbie here. Well...Is that true ? essential oil would help in keeping eyes healthy and beautiful..! If so, can anybody suggest me those essential oils.
Hope u respond to my query..!

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Hi,
I'm a newbie here. Well...Is that true ? essential oil would help in keeping eyes healthy and beautiful..! If so, can anybody suggest me those essential oils.
Hope u respond to my query..!

Don't you dare even try it! Under no circumstances should essential oils be dropped into the eyes. Most essential oils will burn like crazy when they come into contact with the eye. Some vapours will even irritate the eye if you get too close.

cruise05

Local time
Thanks for the info are they any eye exercises to improve eyes vision

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Thanks for the info are they any eye exercises to improve eyes vision

I've had lots of people comment on the improvement in their vision after regular Reiki sessions. Who knows, there may be something in it :D

Yes:

Exercise legs by walking to Optician's shop
Exercise wallet.

What? You don't have a supply of glasses you've found Mike? :p

rajaikav

Local time
Diet can play important role for healthy eyes.

1)Eat vegetables like carrot, papaya.

2)Avoid watching computer monitors for more than 45 mins. In between you can take small break and wash eyes with cold water.

3) people with diseases like hypertension and diabetes are more prone to eye diseases.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
though you say this is your personal experience, but it sounds like a medical advice.

To you perhaps, that's what makes you so special my little cherub, and that's why the disclosure was there. Now, I've taken up enough of your time I'll let you get back to your book. Presumably you are reading "How to make friends and influence people"

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I went to my eye doctor Saturday. I have been near sighted for a number of years (+40). For the first time, my eyes actually improved. Not sure what I am doing right, but I like it.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I went to my eye doctor Saturday. I have been near sighted for a number of years (+40). For the first time, my eyes actually improved. Not sure what I am doing right, but I like it.

This is not unusual in short sighted people as they approach middle age and the onset of presbyopia.

Brian

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:32
Although exercises can help for a while the real problem with close vision is the hardening of the lense with age. As with many parts of the body the proteins get tangled and the tissues loose their flexibility. Eventually the muscles controlling the lense thickness are simply not strong enough to pull focus.

This situation is fixed when the lense is replaced in a cataract operation. Friends who have had the operation also tell me that colours also get brighter.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
This situation is fixed when the lense is replaced in a cataract operation. Friends who have had the operation also tell me that colours also get brighter.

Yes colours do seem brighter but then before the cataract operation everything is dimmer. The operation does not fix the lens thickening problem as after the operation you have only a fixed focus ability, all focusing is now done with artificial lenses whether implanted or otherwise.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom