Hello fellow Access users! (1 Viewer)

VanWyck52

Local time
Yesterday, 23:49
Hey Folks;
I am a disabled veteran going to Mohave Community College in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. I am 59 years old and was a purchasing director in the semiconductor broker industry for about 12 years from 1984 to about 1996. My last position was at Globelle, Inc. in Minnesota as a Senior Product manager for CPUs and Memory upgrades. I have been more involved in the hardware side of the business and have never programmed anything. I am going to school for an AA in Computer Information Systems and will be taking a variety of computer oriented classes for the next 4 or 5 semesters, (I am in my 2nd). At the moment, I am taking Data Base Management and have been introduced to MySQL and Access 2010 as our DBMS. I am knowledgeable enough to be dangerous and I am excited about learning more about the Information Systems trade. I expect to graduate when I'm 61 and start my own consultancy here in Lake Havasu after I graduate. Also, I grew up in the sixties and remember most of it, so I'm ahead of the game. Anyway, these are just a few tidbits of my life and hello to the Forum, it looks like a good one. And thanks, Jon, for providing a venue for students and professionals alike to interact and maybe learn something. Late and Peace, VanWyck.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service.

VanWyck52

Local time
Hey Paul;
Your welcome. John Galt, was the architect in Ann Rand's great novel, which I can't remember the name of right now. Anyway, Paul, I appreciate the thanks, it was just something we had to do at the time. I became a drug and alcohol counselor in the Army, helping the boys who came back from Nam to cope with the harsh reality they had to come back to. But, it got done and we're on to bigger and better things, Peace, VanWyck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom