Hello from an old Access programmer (1 Viewer)

zenpuddlecoder

Local time
Today, 04:45
Been using Access way back to version 1.0. I don't do as much as I used to, but I still have need to solve problems in Access now and then.
My latest challenge is figuring out why an OLE field that we use for drawings (excel) which used to open within the form now pops out into a new Excel window when the user goes to edit it. We just recently upgraded from Office 2010 to Microsoft 365 and that seems to make editing drawings a bit more tedious.

The back end database is SQL Server. Tables are all attached (linked) to the Access front end database.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:45
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

zenpuddlecoder

Local time
Today, 04:45
Oh, forgot to mention. I live/work in Maryland, U.S.A.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Today, 01:45
Yes it seems its perculiar to office 365, i have checked Microsoft's website and found articles (for previous office versions)with regards to opening an excel file in access form, but none on Office 365

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:45
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

It's best to post questions and requests for help in the appropriate forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom