Hello from Canada (1 Viewer)

OverSight

Local time
Today, 19:53
Hello, I am new to using MS Access. I've just discovered the potential it has and am looking to start created 2 databases for some of my coworkers to use to help make their lives a bit easier as well as my own. I am fairly tech savvy but also have pretty much zero knowledge of how to create things in MS Access. I hope to learn more and achieve my goal of created functional databases for my co-workers and myself to use.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:53
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

OverSight

Local time
Welcome aboard!
Thank you! I'm hoping I can find some help getting my databases actually working the way I want. But I've run in to some walls that I simply just don't know how to do them as I have pretty much zero knowledge.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 18:53
Thank you! I'm hoping I can find some help getting my databases actually working the way I want. But I've run in to some walls that I simply just don't know how to do them as I have pretty much zero knowledge.
That is the same song MOST of us (me especially!) sang when we first got here. Post your questions in the appropriate threads and we will get you there...

OverSight

Local time
That is the same song MOST of us (me especially!) sang when we first got here. Post your questions in the appropriate threads and we will get you there...
Thanks! Now to find out what is the appropriate thread to post in lol

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 18:53
Click on "Forums" at the top and take your best guess. If it is too far off the mark, one of the Mods will move it. Things are pretty easy-going here...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:53
Hello and welcome to the forum. Here's a hint for building function DBs. Don't. (It's a bad goal.) Build functional elements like and reports. Then just don't let people see the ugly parts. Seriously, since a DB isn't necessarily monolithic, functionality won't necessarily be monolithic either. Divide and conquer! (Worked for Julius Caesar...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom