Hello From London (1 Viewer)

Steve C

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:39
Hello,

Joined today and am told to introduce myself. Here goes...

I'm a Knowledge Boy (although I have no knowledge and neither am I a boy at 49 years old). It's what they call people learning to be a London Black Cab Driver.

I need to learn all the 25,000 streets of London as well as about 20,000 Landmarks which can be anything -Bars, Resturants, Law Courts, Railway Stations, Embassies, anything!

I will be creating a mdb to help learn all this data, but my ideas on how the data should appear on forms doesn't seem to be covered on the F1 key so am anticipating difficulties and am hoping for your help with that.

Next plan is to read as much FAQ type stuff on here as possible and try not to ask too many idiot questions. Apologies in advance for when I do.

Best wishes

Steve C

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:39
Welcome Steve C

Good luck with the "Knowledge".

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome Steve. I'm the IT guy for a cab/limo/bus company, but I don't know how to help you learn all the streets!

Steve C

Registered User.
Local time
Hi P Baldy

lol

Nice to know you'd help if you could - thanks for that.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Hi Steve

The link below is a site which is really excellent for memorising things. Unfortunately they won't go into the required detail that you are looking for.

But certainly could be a start with the london boroughs (which you undoubtedly probably already know)

http://www.purposegames.com/

Steve C

Registered User.
Local time
Great Site Lightwave, I don't often play computer games - but I love this

working on my score for countries of Europe

best wishes

Steve C

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
It's the only reason I know my London boroughs / European Countries world countries for that matter / districts of Edinburgh / Glasgow / counties of England / Seas / Islands of the carribean the list is endless makes current affairs much more interesting when you have a good knowledge of geography.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Welcome Steve C

Lightwave thanks for the great link, I am sure it will be better than the "fitba' " on the telly :)

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Glad you like it Ouma next time I'm down at the death star we can have a quick fire asian countries round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom