Hello, I've been thrown into the deep end. How are you? (1 Viewer)

RbTrail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:01
I've been a QC Coordinator for a little over a month. Most of the work is in Excel, but I have now been asked to rebuild a Training DB that was corrupted beyond salvation. (Mostly because no one managed it, but everyone kept messing with it.)
I know the basics of Access, so I've been able to create the tables and relationships. My next hurdle is creating forms and reports that future users can't use to crash the system again.
I know nothing about coding. I'm starting to comprehend SQL, but I get lost in complicated expressions. What I want doesn't seem complicated when I use English, so I mostly need help translating my needs into 'computer speak'. :rolleyes:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:01
Welcome to AWF !

Our Swimming instructors are all pretty good with new learners :)

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 09:01
Deep end?
OK, so we'll start with the basics. You'll want to get a good set of diving fins, make sure you try them on when your wearing your dive booties (I prefer hard sole, but it IS a personal choice), good BCD, weights, and check into wetsuits based on your areas average water temp. Make sure you have your dive certs in order and we'll point you to where you can get air.

Of course if your only talking the deep end of the pool we can help with that to.

Now for the forum, you'll find that if you clearly explain what you are having an issue with and what errors (if any) you encounter we'll be a good source for solutions. Just get used to using the code tags for when you post code you have an issue with so that we can more easily follow.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Let me suggest some reading for you.

Search the forum for "Securing a database" where you will find out about splitting databases, putting together switchboards or dispatcher forms, disabling bypass startup keys, and the like. (This is part of your "making it so that users can't crash it so easily" request.) The search function for the forum is in the thin ribbon near the top, 3rd from the right.

RbTrail

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Minty, Mark, and The_Doc_Man! I look forward to reading more in the forums. I'll be asking specific questions as soon as I figure out how to phrase them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom