How as the forum helped you, and Who has influenced you the most! (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 14:16
I’ve just caught up with this thread, Josie did get a roasting didn’t he?, long time since I had such a good read.:D

What I don’t understand is that he acknowledges the difference between men and women but ignores it in his responses. :confused: He is correct that the sexes in general respond differently to criticism, I believe that this is because women are “people people” but men are “thing people”. In my experience women personalize much more than men, this is not a criticism , in fact if men personalised more maybe they wouldn’t go to war in such a gung ho fashion.
As a manager I could say to a male member of staff “that’s stupid” and we would discuss “it”, but a women would invariable translate this to “your stupid for doing that”, one has to adapt to the person or you will get nowhere.

That’s my 2 cents worth.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
That’s my 2 cents worth.
I know there's a north / south divide but I didn't realise you had funny money in Liverpool:rolleyes:

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
As most of the contributers were Americans I thought I'd speak their lingo.;)

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
As a manager I could say to a male member of staff “that’s stupid” and we would discuss “it”, but a women would invariable translate this to “your stupid for doing that”,
I've noticed they also react to "you're a stupid cow":rolleyes:

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 09:16
ColinEssex said:
I've noticed they also react to "you're a stupid cow":rolleyes:

Col

I'm going to take your word on that one ...;)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Bodisathva said:
geez...11 pages, 158 posts, and what...6? actually on topic and in accordance with the whole "let's be nice" theme?

**in mockish Fred Rogers voice**
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...:eek:
a beautiful day for a neighbor...:eek:
would you be mine, could you be mine...:rolleyes:
won't you be, my neighbor...:D
hi, neighbors!:D

----------back on topic--------------
G-"try-searching-you-moron"-Hudson is da man. When all else fails, always has a code sample somewhere to get me pointed in the right direction.

Let's not forget the endless amusement at the seemingly perpetual fracas going on between our leading rabble-rousers...and you know who you are:cool:

Yes I know, I hijacked my own thread....:rolleyes: Ohh, being a women isn't easy. Emotions flying, hormons raging. But we do have big hearts, and yes that is why we take stuff so personally.

Hey, but think...men do still love us. :D

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
selenau837 said:
Hey, but think...men do still love us. :D

And may I point out that it's not easy spreading your love between your wife and the Bass Tracker with the 175 merc-crusier, Lowrance depth finder, .... oh, sorry...:eek:

selenau837

Local time
KenHigg said:
And may I point out that it's not easy spreading your love between your wife and the Bass Tracker with the 175 merc-crusier, Lowrance depth finder, .... oh, sorry...:eek:

Yes, but can that 'thing' keep you warm at night like your wife. Cuddle you when you aren't feeilng well. Give birth to your two wonderful children??

KenHigg

Local time
selenau837 said:
Yes, but can that 'thing' keep you warm at night like your wife. Cuddle you when you aren't feeilng well. Give birth to your two wonderful children??

You're right. And it also don't ask me to cut the grass, paint the bedroom, clean out the gutters,... Oh, sorry did it again...:p

selenau837

Local time
KenHigg said:
You're right. And it also don't ask me to cut the grass, paint the bedroom, clean out the gutters,... Oh, sorry did it again...:p

Yes, but it doesn't love you like your wife. Because she will still love you even when you are lazy and refuse to cut the grass, paint the bed room and clean out the gutters. You wife will love you while she is cussing you out because you are watching TV while she does the above chores herself. ;)

Point, she will love you no matter what! :D

KenHigg

Local time
selenau837 said:
Yes, but it doesn't love you like your wife. Because she will still love you even when you are lazy and refuse to cut the grass, paint the bed room and clean out the gutters. You wife will love you while she is cussing you out because you are watching TV while she does the above chores herself. ;)

Point, she will love you no matter what! :D

Ok, if you're going to sell me on this love thing you're going to have to loose the wild, rabid looking white cat hissing at me...

selenau837

Local time
KenHigg said:
Ok, if you're going to sell me on this love thing you're going to have to loose the wild, rabid looking white cat hissing at me...

Then find me a batter one, picture man. I'll start keeping all of them so I can change them depending on my mood.

KenHigg

Local time
selenau837 said:
Is that one better??? Kenny boy??

I think I'm being trapped here...

If I say yes, do I have to give up the boat?

:p :p

selenau837

Local time
KenHigg said:
I think I'm being trapped here...

If I say yes, do I have to give up the boat?

:p :p

Don't make me change it back to hissy kitty!!!!!! You know I will Kenny boy!!

Perhaps Cupcake outa find out about all your threads. You know I have a box with some info. ;)

KenHigg

Local time
selenau837 said:
Don't make me change it back to hissy kitty!!!!!! You know I will Kenny boy!!

Perhaps Cupcake outa find out about all your threads. You know I have a box with some info. ;)

hissy kitty - Thats funny. Maybe a good 'user title' for you :p

Please no collusion with Cupcake - I'll behave...:eek: :( :(

selenau837

Local time
KenHigg said:
hissy kitty - Thats funny. Maybe a good 'user title' for you :p

Please no collusion with Cupcake - I'll behave...:eek: :( :(

I've change it! *cute kitty smile*

As for cupcake..good boy!! So when will I be getting that $50 in the mail as hush money. *wicked kitty smile*

selenau837

Local time
*Motions for Rod to come in and hang with us!!*

KenHigg

Local time
selenau837 said:
I've change it! *cute kitty smile*

As for cupcake..good boy!! So when will I be getting that $50 in the mail as hush money. *wicked kitty smile*

How 'bout we call it even since I know a few secrets as well... ;)

selenau837

Local time
KenHigg said:
How 'bout we call it even since I know a few secrets as well... ;)

DOH!!!!! Ohh, yeah I forgot about that. :eek: Ok, we are even!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom