Help Accessing Database (1 Viewer)

Kayleigh

Local time
Today, 13:22
Hi! Been working on a database for several hours now. This is apparently not latest version of Front End so a warning always pops up when opening it. Usually I select 'no' to proceed to open database but now I mistakenly clicked 'yes' and it seems to have triggered a script which deleted this version - I have no backup!! Would anyone know where I would be able to find it on my PC?
TY

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:22
Perhaps the Trash folder?

Makes me think of the definition of an OhNo second, the amount of time between pressing the key Y (in response to Delete All?) and the sound of cussing.

Kayleigh

Local time
Checked recycle bin several times unsuccessfully. Would it be stored anywhere else?
Searching all files on PC but not yet located.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:22
you would need a more "sophisticated" file recovery (undelete) than the usual.
probably download "diskdrill"

Kayleigh

Local time
Thanks for suggestion. Tried that and located 2 files - database and ACC but no idea how to recover from there - doesn't automatically open into Access. What to do?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:22
If you never saved it, you are unlikely to be able to recover it. Access works in memory when it comes to objects. Data is saved immediately but not objects you are changing.

Save early, save often when you are developing. That is your only safe option. Your next keystroke could delete an entire module. One of the first things I import into a new database is the backup option. That way, I can just close the db and my code will also create a backup.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:22
Thanks for suggestion. Tried that and located 2 files - database and ACC but no idea how to recover from there - doesn't automatically open into Access. What to do?
Was it saved on a network folder or just your local machine?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:22
Could it be available on a system backup?
You may try something like Recuva.

I have used it and recovered deleted jpgs/pngs from hard disk and USB Pen drive.

Also, I agree with Cronk --sometimes you need 2 or 3 confirmations before acting.

Where is the Current FE usually located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom