HELP, HELP--Printing Labels (1 Viewer)

R

Rob Ventura

Hello,

I am trying to set up an Access database to print up labels for putting on mailing boxes. I have various info on the label for our internal warehouse--order number, shirt type, box type, etc. that I pull from a ODBC database. However, I also need to include what box number is with the order. For instance, if someone orders 5 boxes of long sleeve shirts, I want to have a total of 5 labels printed out with each label having 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 on them respectively.

My database is set up to open in the form mode where one of the employees can enter the order number in a combo box. The box then pulls all the info associated with the order number and displays on the screen. The employee can then click on a print button on the form which automatically prints the label report from the info previously displayed on the screen. However, right now, it only prints the one label that is associated with the order number.

I think that what I would have to do is have a question pop up asking for how many total boxes are with the order after someone clicks the print button...but am not sure how to do this...especially with the sequential numbering.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Please be pretty detailed since I am a relatively new Access user.

Thanks
Rob

R

Rob Ventura

I have tried this Microsoft Knowledge Base article before. I fiddled around with it a over a few days last week and went no where. When I tried again today, I ran into some errors. Plus, I am not sure how to add the box number to the label itself. Anybody have any suggestions??? I could e-mail the database to you if that would help.

Rob

K

KDTravis

I haven't done this before but here's what I'd try:

Design a label table to hold one record per label needed

Write some VB to populate it using a for loop (from 1 to NumberOfBoxes> ) where NumberOfBoxes is in your warehouse table or calculated from the OrderQuantity/PackQuantity.

Your print button will call a macro that executes the VB then prints the labels.

None of this is hard to do but a challenge to figure out the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom