Help on Date and Mid function (1 Viewer)

S

SHANKAR

I have developed a employee database in access 97. I have used date and Mid function to extract part date. It works perfectly in my computer. However, when I have loaded the database in a server and tried to extract it from another computer, having access 97, the date and mid function do not work. The text box shows "?Name". I sincerely request some of you to help me in this regard.

Regards,

Shankar

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:06
The problem is most likely the dreaded "missing references".

BTW, dates are not text strings. You should use one of the many date functions to extract parts of the date. Look up Month(), Day(), Year(), Format(), and DatePart().

S

SHANKAR

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Infact, I have used Format () function. It works perfectly in my computer, extracting the month and year. However, it does not work in other computer, having access 97. Could you tell me what references are missing in other computer?

Regards,

Shankar

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:06
Search the archives here, you will find dozens of explainations of what causes the problem and how to fix it.

JIT

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:06
Thanks Pat!
I have solved the issue. Some references were missing. I have unchecked them. Now things are working.

Shankar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom