HELP! Total Value Report (1 Viewer)

camaroltd82

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:51
I have finished up my db except for this one report I HAVE to find a way to create. What I have is:

-ONE Table, with all my information (I know this is usually frowned upon)
-I have 9 classifications of parts that my user breaks data up into.
eg.. Administrative, Electrical, Mechanical.

WHAT I NEED IS:

-A report that will list all 9 classifications, only one time, and display the total value from each classification, and also the number of items in each class.

Thanks to members of this board, I have at least figured out how to make the report calculate the GRAND TOTAL of all items in my db. I still however need to add functions that will total all my classes individually.

Is there a way to do this? Or would I have to split my data up into 9 specific tables? Im not looking for anything elaborate, just something that will get the job done.

P.S. The function I used to calculate the grand total was in an unbound text field on my report and read the following:

=Sum([Total Value])

With total value being another field in my db. All parts include a Total Value field.

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
I am reading your question correctly, I believe you should use a =Sum([TotalValue]) unbound field in a group header to sum the number of records for that particular group in the same way you total the number of items in the whole report.

camaroltd82

Registered User.
Local time
HELP! Total Value Report

I don't understand, what do you mean by Group Header? Sorry for being so ignorant of Access, I only work with it one day a week on an internship. Thanks

I understand the usage of the =Sum([TotalValue]) Function, but I don't know where I need to place it in order to get the Total Value from each of the 9 classes. Thanks again

Mike

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
By building a report using the wizard, you get an opportunity to group by a common field -e.g. by Customer Account, to group like items in a hierarchical structure.

I am sure if you build the report using a wizard it gives you summary options as well.

For all the wizards out there, i know you can do it manually but it is easier explained through wizards.

Attachments

• db7.zip
    9 KB · Views: 157

camaroltd82

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks

Thanks a lot, your example took care of me. I really do appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom