HELP (urgent) (1 Viewer)

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:05
Hi guys,
im doing a project now, where i have to estimate the service due of cars. For this i need to put a count down timer in one of my FORMS and also REPORTS(sorry about posting about reports in this section but i ddnt want to post twice :rolleyes: but will do if necessary)... i searched a LOT on google but couldnt find anythng..... if some1 could come up with something reasonable, it would be VERY VERY helpful...

Please try to make it before this friday plz if you can...

thanks! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

trucktime

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:05
Timer

If you do a search on 'countdown timer' some posts will show up, however i'm not sure if there's anything specific there that will help you.

If you can explain how and why you intend to use a timer perhaps someone will come up with a solution.

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
i will be estimating the service due of the car, meaning... perdict when the next servicing of the car will be, depending on previous results. So just to show when it will be, i want to up in a countdown timer so that the guy is reminded with an alert or somethng a few days before the date.

chris davies

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:05
why do a countdown? do a DateDiff() query which can tell how long ago the last service was?
Chris

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
becuz:

reason1: i want an alert to be played when the date for servicing is close
reason2: it looks much better and it is more user friendly rather than trying to calculate how many days/hours/minutes left.

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Bad reasons :D

i want an alert to be played when the date for servicing is close

You can use a simple Message Box or, perhaps even better, create a signal list showing all cars due for service within the next x days

it looks much better and it is more user friendly rather than trying to calculate how many days/hours/minutes left.

It actually will be rather annoying to users.
They won't be interested in timers and will tend to ignore them much faster than you think.
Users want lists, see reply to your first reason.

Don't make the mistake to confuse fancy programming with user friendliness.

RV

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
still_rookie said:

You've got a cheek. People give of their time to help others and you have the audacity to suggest that your problem is urgent and that you are setting deadlines for assistance.

I suggest you learn a little forum etiquette (try reading the link in my signature) namely learning how to title threads, how to ask for help, and understanding that nothing is urgent when advice is free.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
still_rookie said:
are you a student doing a course project? or is your project for the company you work for?

Col

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
are you a student doing a course project? or is your project for the company you work for?

Col

why do u need to know that ???? If u guys wanna help then do so or else ill just look somewhere else .... becuz quoting about my urgency is not what ure supposed to be doing
i.e. -
SJ McAbney said:
You've got a cheek. People give of their time to help others and you have the audacity to suggest that your problem is urgent and that you are setting deadlines for assistance. Col
.... and if no1 else has a problem ... why do u when you hven't even given a solution to this :confused: and btw, ppl use forums when they require help... and i hvnt give a deadline... i said "Please try" .... & try is not the same as deadline m8. So if any1 still wants to help .. im still waiting for it... if not .... i guess ill just hve to look somewhere else ....

thnx.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
still_rookie said:
becuz quoting about my urgency is not what ure supposed to be doing

What are we, people who give up our time to help where we can, supposed to be doing? :confused:

ppl use forums when they require help

People also communicate their ideas in proper English on forums when they require help. ;)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 00:05
Rookie - Just my own humble opinion here; This forum has some really good Access users hanging around simply because they enjoy doing good database stuff. Based on the content of your post, I'd say you could benefit by hanging out here yourself.

Your 'Please try to make it before this Friday plz if you can' did come across a bit bold, even though I really don't think you intended it to be taken that way. FYI - I don't think I would have responded to your plea for help either as their are many, more appreciative and less demanding users posting problems here...

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
ColinEssex said:

still_rookie said:
why do u need to know that ???? If u guys wanna help then do so or else ill just look somewhere else
The reason I wanted to know "m8" is because if you are doing coursework, it would be useful to know at what level you are at and what you know already - also "m8", your comment about Friday could indicate a coursework handing in deadline. There are some students who expect us to actually do their project for them instead of learning themselves - "m8"

Also "m8" if your project is for your work it is unlikely you will have others with you to help (like tutors) so we will try to make sure you understand whats happening by explaining the intricasies of Access. We do not do tutors work for them.

I suggest when (or if) you post again you at least try to use the proper English language as there are people who may not understand your "text speak" but may wish to help you.

Col

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
yes i am doing this project for coursework... which is why i said "TRY" to get something by this friday.

What are we, people who give up our time to help where we can, supposed to be doing?

once again ill say it - i said 'try' and not "GET IT DONE"... so stay cool n help please.

also ..

i would love to stay here,, but some people [McAbney] are more bothered about english than helping.....

so... is anyone still willing to help ?? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom