Help! (1 Viewer)

kbreiss

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:19
Hello,
Over the weekend I worked on a database using Access XP. I brought the database in to work this morning and attempted to open it using Access 97 and I am receiving the following error....

Unrecognized database format <filename>. (Error 3343)

I spent all weekend creating forms, queries, macros. The data is irrelevant because it is just test data.

Is there any possible way to retrieve the structure of the database?

Thanks in advance,

Kacy
________
Box Vaporizer

Last edited:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 03:19
Have you tried importing the structure? I've never tried to transfer from XP to 97, so I don't know what's possible and what's not. Hope this will help though.

Vassago

kbreiss

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not for sure if I know what you are talking about when you say import the structure? I have created a blank database, get external data, and do an import, but still it says unrecognized database format. Is this what you were talking about....importing the structure. Thanks,

Kacy
________
Iolite portable vaporizer

Last edited:
J

Jerry Stoner

Can you open it at all? If so tools, converrt to earlier version. If not I dont know.

kbreiss

Registered User.
Local time
Jerry,
I can open it at home using Access XP. (that is what I used to create it) I can not open it here at work using Access 97. I am going to try when I get home using Access XP go to Tools/DataBase Utilities/Convert Database and convert it to a previous version. Does this sound right? What do you think?

Thanks,
Kacy
________
Loratab Rehab Dicussion

Last edited:

kbreiss

Registered User.
Local time
Jerry,
Sorry to bother you again.....I am still at work, but I wanted to see how the tools/database utilities/convert works, so I tried it here at work using Access 97 on a different database that I can open and the "convert" option is blanked out...?? Any suggestions why this would be? Will it be different when I try it at home on Acess XP?

Thanks again,
Kacy
________
SHIP SALE

Last edited:
J

Jerry Stoner

Its blanked out because 97 is as far back as you can go. When you get home you should be able to convert then install at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom