Hi Every one (1 Viewer)

SamirAu

Local time
Tomorrow, 10:22
Hi guys, I am Sam live in Australia been using MS Access for few years loved it much, had some problems at start always found my way out to solve problems with my own and internet help, MS Access DB helped me be organized with my business, thought to join some forum might help some people (don't think so as you all higher level than myself haha) and get some help when needed.
thanks for excepting me :)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:22
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:22
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
thought to join some forum might help some people

Hi Sam,
Welcome to AWF ..

Always nice to have members who are willing to muck in and help.

As to helping people with MS Access questions, you might find that you are in the best position to help people because of the unique experience you have with the particular problems you have solved ...

Secondly, helping people actually improves your own skill with MS Access.

It's a bit daunting answering that first question, but by all means, take the leap! Don't worry about getting it wrong, as there are loads of people monitoring the threads and they will step in and help you perfect your answer.

Thus your skills will improve...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:22
Hello, Sam, and welcome to the forum.

We always welcome people who can help. I started a few years (few being >20) asking questions, but then I answered a few ... then a few more. Then I got slammed with a project that forced me to REALLY learn some things (because the person who had started the project DIDN'T know some things) and found that what I learned was useful to other people on this forum. So I have been paying it forward ever since.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:22
Welcome aboard AWF, Sam! Happy to have you.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Don't worry about getting it wrong,

I think I should clarify that! With all the questions that I answer, I reckon I get a home run, one in 20, maybe by even 1 in 100.... Really it's not so much about answering a question, it's more often about ferreting out the real question that the poster is asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom