Hi Everyone! (1 Viewer)

saby

Local time
Tomorrow, 04:39
I am Sebastian from India. I was a computer programmer 20 years ago and did computer programs in D'Base,
Foxbase and Foxpro. Later on I shifted my job profile to marketing, administration, etc. Now I am back in computer programming using Access 13 as my tool. I am compiling an ERP-type programme for a marketing and branding solutions company. I do get stuck up during the course of my coding, but I do take help (and I am very grateful) from the ever present internet community.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 19:09
This group is extremely active and will help with any question.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:09
Welcome Saby

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:09
Hi, Saby, and welcome to our group.

saby

Local time
I have created a main form with two subforms (each subform is allotted a table independent of each other) which is linked by a Job number. I can enter details on the form which are easily passed into the respective tables. Now later when the user wants to edit certain or many components in one or both the tables, I have created a form for the same. I am able to view the respective records selected by the user, I am unable to edit anything. The computer screen at the bottom left says "The recordset is not updateable". I have scratched my head and also looked up in google for an example to to this, but I am helpless. Would appreciate if someone could help me with the UPDATE code.

The tables to be edited are:
table name: tblItemDescription
Fields: ID (Long Integer) - PK
SplNum (Long Integer) - PK
ItemCode (Long Integer)
ItemRate (Double)
ItemTax (Double)

table name: tblFileLoc
Fields: SplNum (Long Integer) - PK
FilePath (text)

The files linked to the above two tables, but not to be edited are:
table name: tblItem
Fields: ItemCode (Long Integer) - PK
ItemName(text)

table name: JobWork
Fields: SplNum (Long Integer) - PK
JobName (text)
JobDescription (text)
JobGiverCo (text)
JobLocation (text)

Please note that I am coding in the FE and the BE is located on the same computer, which will be shared with multiple users across the network. FYI it's Access 2013.

Last edited:

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
The recordset not being updateable is referring to the Recordsource of the Form. If you can't update that then that won't change when editing the Form..

saby

Local time
The recordset not being updateable is referring to the Recordsource of the Form. If you can't update that then that won't change when editing the Form..

The recordsource in the property sheet of the form is:
SELECT [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[Element], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[ProjWidth], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[ProjHeight], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[ProjDepth], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[Qty], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[UOMDescription], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[tblTotal], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[HSNSACode], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[ItemRate], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[CGSTPercent], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[SGSTPercent], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[IGSTPercent], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[Est_Emp_Id], [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[Est_date] FROM [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce] WHERE [qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce].[Recce_num]=[forms]![frmEstimateMain]!txttemprecnum ORDER BY ID ;

qtyForformEdittblSizeQtyAsPerRecce is a query table which uses multiple tables AND it is not editable.

What to do?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Well, that won't be. You need to break this up and perhaps use Form\Subform scenario. But I'm going to suggest you first explain what you are trying to do and tell us about your tables.

Oh and may I also suggest that you may want to start a new thread in the General or Forms section so it will get more attention. 99% of the time no one looks in the Introduce Yourself section to assist anyone. It's just for hello.

saby

Local time
Thanks Gina, I will post in the Forms section thread. However, replying to your query, I would respond as follows:
To start with, there are around ten tables for each process. The first process starts with the order received from the client; the info is stored in the first table. The second process is about an employee being assigned to carry out the reconnaissance, where he gets all the required information alongwith photographs. These information are stored in the second table where a unique id is given based on the recce sheet no. in which he fills in the details. The sizes, item description and qty related to this particular recce are stored in the third table. This table also contains rates, taxes and other relevant information. The path to a PPT file (which is the third process and where the photographs alongwith requirements, size and diagram is made) is stored in the fourth table. The fourth table contains design details alongwith the approval date. The fifth process is about preparing estimate for which the second table is used to store rates and other info. Now, after reviewing the estimate, the client sometimes makes changes to the item or material description or bargains for which a revised estimate has to be prepared. I am stuck over this. I can call the tables in the form, but I am unable to edit it. There are other processes but will come later.

Please guide me how break this up and use Form\Subform scenario.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:09
Hi Sebastian. Welcome to AWF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom