Hi from Spain (1 Viewer)

HectorGips

Local time
Today, 16:48
Hi there, guys.

I'm an spanish maintenance engineer. Currently I'm working on a new factory, as maintenance manager, and the entity of the facility, which is quite big, needs, for the maintenance plan, an access db. I began with an excel workbook, but quickly I realized that it wasn't enough.
I had wide experience in excel and vba, but nothing in access, so I thought that now is the perfect ocassion to learn a little bit about it.
I'm implementing, as i said, a db for this task while I learn, and my countless questions and further googling leaded me here. I've been using the forum as a reader, in the dark, but at this point I'm gonna need some help that needs forum interaction, so I decided to subscribe and make things right and efficient.

So hi to everyone, and thanks in advance for the future help I'll need.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 15:48
Hi Hector
Welcome and thanks for venturing out from the dark. I hope we can help provide some light when needed

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 11:48
Welcome to AWF Hector. I spent a year in Spain where I lived in Rota. A beautiful city in an even more beautiful country.

HectorGips

Local time
Welcome to AWF Hector. I spent a year in Spain where I lived in Rota. A beautiful city in an even more beautiful country.

Nice place, Rota. My father is from La Línea. Cadiz is one the best regions to live in Spain, fantastic people, so funny and the best of gastronomy.

Many thanks to everybody for the warm welcome.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:48
Hi Hector, welcome to the forum!

I visit Barcelona on a regular basis. I am also attempting to learn Spanish with the help of Duolingo.

Regarding your Move from Excel to MS Access. It is very common for people to move from Excel to MS Access, and then run into major problems. If you know about this issue, and address it early on in the dB construction, then you are able to avoid it. For more information see my Nifty Access Blog:- "Excel in Access"

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:48
Hi Hector. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:48
Hello, Hector, and welcome to our group.

HectorGips

Local time
Hi Hector, welcome to the forum!

I visit Barcelona on a regular basis. I am also attempting to learn Spanish with the help of Duolingo.

Regarding your Move from Excel to MS Access. It is very common for people to move from Excel to MS Access, and then run into major problems. If you know about this issue, and address it early on in the dB construction, then you are able to avoid it. For more information see my Nifty Access Blog:- "Excel in Access"

¡Buena suerte y mucho ánimo con las lecciones de español!
I like Barcelona, but it's full of pickpockets. Be aware!

I'm amazed with your blog, I just finished to read the excel entry. Wow, man. It's been mindblowing. It's speaking about ME right now.
I have two main tasks in my factory regarding Access. One of them is on-going now, I'm implementing the production dayly reports. It's the main reason of why I'm here, I need assistance at this point of the development. You'll hear about me next weeks, folks.
On the other side, and the next task, which the most important for me, is the maintenance program. Here is where the info of your blogs comes in. I have it in a spreadsheet designed, and luckily, not exported yet to access. And the design that I have in my head is completly different now from before reading your blog.
Many thanks, specially for the time required in designing the info on a way that is SO easily to read and understand.
And sorry for my english if it's hard to understand... sometimes my fingers run slower in the keyboard than my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom